Ex-player: Xherdan SHAQIRI

Well good for us then, that’s not our only problem! So I guess Shaqs has a place! :beers:

After the international break we have 7 games in 22 days.

Still can not see a game where I would want Shaqiri to start. Or Origi. Not even 2 of Jota and Minamino in the same game.

Shaq and Div might get minutes in the league here and there and they are lucky that we can use 5 subs in the CL.

This is a crazy schedule. Absolutely crazy! And all are really, really tough games.

Klopp will have to use the full extent of his squad for that run of games, otherwise there will be injuries happening in droves… so Shaq will of course be used, like all other squad players. I cross fingers that he’ll stay fit, that’s always my main concern with him.

1 Like

Glad he is staying, we need him

October, November and December have crazy schedule. I do hope that the fringe players are utilized and are useful during this period.

Shaqiri, due to his versatility, should have lots of minutes. As I have mentioned before, in addition to his fitness issues, he is inconsistent. Hope he stays fit and puts on a shift whenever he’s playing.

He is a good player and can be really useful for us.

1 Like

Big Shaq now confirmed to have Covid.

And off they all go on international duty. Fucking state of this.

7 Likes

Ffs how many more are going to get it or already have it

The insanity of playing international matches, with players / coaching staff etc., travelling all over the globe, during a pandemic that shows no sign of abating, simply beggars belief.

4 Likes

Thiago, Mane, now Shaqiri.

You really have to wonder how widespread this actually is in the squad, and who might be the next to test positive.

Worrying times.

2 Likes

so between 21st and 27th September 10 P/L tests came back positive, 9 positive tests between 28th September and 4th October. Mane developing symptoms between tests and Shaq testing positive apon arriving for International duty.

Will this be allowed to continue or will games be suspended again, and if so, at what point do they deem it to high a risk to carry on playing matches?

I think most Lfc players will get it now

Makes you wonder whether the lethargy in the team on Sunday was down to the fact that the players know we’re heading for cancellation.

1 Like

Real concern is how far through the squad its spread.

This is as I hear that cases in the North West of England is becoming extremely worrying.

I wonder if it’s mental in the sense that they don’t feel safe, as their team mates are dropping out of the squad. They won’t perform until there’s a solid couple of weeks without any Covid cases.

Guess the international break will only make things worst in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Adrian’s the only one who won’t catch it.

I wonder if this would result in a failed medical? No idea how close Shaqiri got to a move yesterday but I would have thought that this would have scuppered it in any event.

I presume the testing is reliable? This isn’t simply a case of the numbers being inflated due to false positives?

Crazy having international fixtures going ahead.

3 Likes

I’d be truly shocked if we are still playing football by the end of the month. Liverpool, as a city, in particular is well above the national average and it would only seem logical that other members of the squad will have picked up Covid from Thiago, Mane or Shaq.

In fact it would probably be more surprising if a whole bunch more of our players don’t test positive this week.

:fearful: I thought he had it already during the pre-season? Ffs…

It was a rumour he isolated after sharing a room with Origi who was supposed to have it.

1 Like

No, that was always unspecified.

1 Like

According to the beeb:
"Liverpool midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri has tested positive for coronavirus, the Swiss Football Association says.

Shaqiri, 28, is on international duty with Switzerland and is now self-isolating."

Which suggests that it was only detected after he arrived for international duty in Switzerland.