FA Cup 2021-22... Hope we are up for the cup this season...forlorn hope?

How many times has the commentator apologised for the swearing fans? :joy: :joy:

Boreham Wood going through here and then somehow beating The Ev would be a peak of banter levels that none of us could have ever previously imagined.

2 Likes

Boreham keeper with a Jerzy-esque double save with the woodwork hit twice on the rebound as well before B’mouth put the ball in the net. Offside though so Boreham still lead

Are you sure it’s not City?

Poor Nat, went from playing in a CL tie v Leipzig not even 12 months ago to getting dumped out the FA cup by a non league side.

Fair fucks, Hope Boreham Wood go all the way.

1 Like

Credit to Boreham Wood you could see that happening I think Bournemouth will have to go up with the playoffs as it will take a fair bit of time to shape this team.

Kind of glad we just did the job considering what else happened.

I thought there were a lot of shit housery by Boreham Wood. So no, I would not like to see them going all the way.

They’re a non league side, what do you expect them to do to advance? outplay opposition 4-5 leagues above them?

2 Likes

They are playing Everton next :rofl:

1 Like

Brendan is that you Brendan… Get back into your seat will ya :0)

@The-AllMightyReds has already said it, but this is a non-league side playing a Championship team with designs on getting back into the PL next season. Shithousery is about all they can do and it’s perfectly viable for a side like that in a cup comp. The FA cup is very lucrative for non-league sides who make it past the preliminary rounds and into the FA cup proper, and even more lucrative for those who make it into the 3rd round and beyond. I’ll not begrudge them shithousing their way to the later rounds knowing that it’s worth potentially millions in additional revenue by the time it’s all said and done.

If they shithouse their way to an unlikely victory over Everton next round, it might finally be the thing that puts blueshite fans into such a frenzy that they just burn Woodison to the ground.

3 Likes

They only did it on the post match segment for just a bit. This is serious. He could have had a weapon.

4 Likes

If I’m honest BW we’re less than a large number of PL I’ve seen.

1 Like

Oh rest asure @WooltonRed we have lot’s of those morons on this side of the North sea too.

I’ve no doubt, you do.

Excuse me for losing the FA Cup romantic bone. I can’t help but being cynicalsomewhatoldgit. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah it’s weird. I have a lot of time for teams with tiny resources shithousing their way through matches with the big boys. When the likes of Atletico or say Juventus do it, it annoys the shit out of me. I hate Burnley as much as the next guy, but when you look at the resources they’re working with, shithousing is an absolute necessity for them to stay up. Their luck may have finally run out, however.

2 Likes

I have no issue with teams shithousery (excluding mancs and bitters) as it is a fact that the game is not a level playing field. Some players are better than others and some teams are financially/historically/geographically better than others so you do whatever you need to do to be succussful (whatever that means to your own situation).

Plus, and we are just as guilty of this - is if you are a bigger/better team, then you should be able to adapt and adjust to your opponants shithousey and still beat them whether they play to suit your tactics or not.

The ‘School of Shithousery’.

2 Likes