FA Cup 2021-22... Hope we are up for the cup this season...forlorn hope?

Bournemouth were pretty shit to be honest, Cantwell seemed to get them buzzing a bit but they’ve dropped off a cliff since early December.

the Canaries to make the trip to Merseyside on Wednesday, March 2 with kickoff at 8.15pm (GMT).

1 Like

Out of the three ties,
Luton v Chelsea 7.15 PM
Soton v West Ham 7.30 PM
Reds v Norwich 8.15 PM

It’s the Norwich fans who have the furthest to travel and who have the latest finish time to their game. Those poor fans are not getting home until daft o’clock in the morning. Also, why 8.15 PM? 7.15, 7.30 and then a jump to 8.15. Why not 7.45? No consideration for the fans. :rage:

1 Like

Dislike 8pm kick offs and 8.15pm really annoy me.

And I’m not going.

2 Likes

Wish I was…

2 Likes

I’ll be at this game and the 8.15kick off buggers my night and the following day up. I only live not that far from Anfield so can only guess at what a b*ll ache it must be for our own and opposition travelling fans? :rage::nerd_face:

2 Likes

You are a lucky person…if only my family had stayed in Liverpool…ah well…

2 Likes

I should be going to this, put in for the day off and have the last 2 rounds recorded so as soon as tickets up ill grab one. Only coming into Liverpool from Manchester and theres only one return train running late enough to get back on the same day. Must be even more of a ball ache for other fans/the Norwich fans coming up

1 Like

This type of schedule only serves the UK/Europe TV viewers. It’s an awkward time for most of the global audience too.

2 Likes

With the kick off 8.15pm, the game won’t finish until after 10 and what if it then goes to extra time and penalties? Norwich fans are not getting home until about 4am.

2 Likes

Fuck 'em.

1 Like

There is probably little issue with starting one of these times at 7pm and stagger them at 7pm, 7.30pm and 8pm. The teams furthest away should be the earlier ones.

It’s probably so ITV can show that nights Corrie and Emmerdale considering the 15 minutes will be the build up. Like they can’t rest them for a night.

1 Like

Why don’t they have the Cup games on weekends?

1 Like

I agree…how about 3.00 on a Saturday… :thinking:

2 Likes

Well, they mostly do. Last two FA cup rounds (Shrewsbury and Cardiff for us) were played on weekends. The ties from QF onwards are set to be played on weekends. So 5th round is effectively the only round which is played midweek.

1 Like

I remember those days, golden goal tickets, watching the results on the teleprinter and the football echo. Happy times.

3 Likes

I remember in the Saturday 3pm games, the guy walking down the front of the crowd putting out numbers against the A-Z letters to show half-time scores from other games… If ya hadn’t bought a programme to determine what letter referred to what other game you were fucked to finding out…!

3 Likes

Teleprinter??? Wow.

2 Likes

Yes, in the days of Grandstand, on a Saturday afternoon on BBC. The teleprinter would be shown on the TV screen, as the final scores were coming in.

4 Likes

I got a typewriter one Christmas and I used to pretend I was the Teleprinter and type up the results as they came in. :rofl:

It was really exciting watching the teleprinter begin to type up the LIV … and not know what score was going to appear…

And waiting for the footy echo to come through the door with the kopite and toffee lady showing off their points…I used to love the letters page as well… I think Michael Charters used to cover our games??

3 Likes