FA Cup 2021-22... Hope we are up for the cup this season...forlorn hope?

One day these Boreham Wood players will say to their grandchildren, “I played in a team that lost to Everton, but gave them a good run for their money”, and the grandkids will laugh and say, “Christ, you must have been a fucking shit team”.

6 Likes

If they say Premier League team it will at least sound impressive.

1 Like

Stick a fork in it, it’s done for Boreham Wood. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

It is fun watching a useless bunch of amateurs trying to keep up with a half decent side, but The Ev have made a pretty good go of it.

6 Likes

Clive T they’ve struggled to beat BW with an FA Cup still stacked with Chelsea, Man C and Liverpool I can’t see Everton winning it.

On this showing Palace could have the day off and still win

3 Likes

No Seamus you jumped before he planted his foot…gormless looking cheat.

2 Likes

Sour faced…is he the most stupidest player on the pitch…

1 Like

Whats this the hokey cokey…with a club singer…geez

1 Like

Everton aren’t knocking out Palace. Not at the best of times, but certainly not while the bitters have got one eye on relegation and Palace are pretty safe in mid table.

4 Likes

That was up there with the worst dross I’ve seen this season and I went to watch a match in the park last week.

2 Likes

Ye probably agree with you but for me that’s the only tie there is any doubt about.

Hubris is the first step to a large fall…

https://www.premierleague.com/match/2837

Last time we played Forest 23 years ago.

4 Likes

Nottingham Forest or Huddersfield v Liverpool :blush:

Very, though pleasantly, surprised by this draw. :heart_eyes:

So are Huddersfield it’s not an easy tie, I know their league position is slightly inflated but they within the playoffs regardless.

It’s Bournemouth have 5 games in hand that makes it look odd :grimacing:

Begs the question of how much either team will put into this fixture. They’re both bang in the promotion race, and PL promotion is a hell of a lot more lucrative than advancing to the FA cup semis. Would not surprise me in the least to see either Forest or Udders throw a reserve team together for this tie with an eye on the playoffs.

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

1 Like

I don’t think there would be any weak team at this stage. The game is scheduled on the eve of the NT break so I expect them to take it very seriously irrespective of their prospect in the league.

2 Likes

I’d rather face Huddersfield than face Forest.

1 Like

Huddersfield were always very poor when they were in the PL. Would be the easier one.

Would still prefer Forest because we haven’t play them in ages.

Thing is you note Huddersfield were poor in the PL but they were I think the 6th best team, that’s the thing Fulham are running away with it, Bournemouth though on a losing streak still have 4 games in hand to comfortably move into 2nd.

That’s the gap between two below average sides, the play offs is quite competitive this year which is good but it’s really hard to judge how good these teams are. I’m sort of glad to have one of these instead of Boro weirdly as Wilder since coming in has got that purring like his Sheffield United side.

I follow this a bit more due to Bournemouth it’s a horrid league to get out of but we should with a professional side and performance be good enough to go through

2 Likes