FA Cup 2021-22... Hope we are up for the cup this season...forlorn hope?

Reina was alright though

1 Like

True but went off the boil big time before going into have an extended career at Napoli etc. James was similar - looked worse for us than before or after

Reviving this, you welcome.

1 Like

Wank forlornly!

2 Likes

It’s nearly four in the morning and what’s more the dawning* … is going to keep me awake all bloody day!

*It’s an old song.

3 Likes

FIY

2 Likes

@Rambler :partying_face: :trophy: :firecracker:

4 Likes

Can I open this thread next season please?

10 Likes

We will be obliged :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Now you have your answer, mate: the lads deeply cared about both domestic cups this season, and went all the way to get them both. What a great achievement! :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

“And that, my friends, is how we won the FA Cup (again).”

Fin

7 Likes

Yep.

4 Likes

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

8 seasons as first choice keeper. Played 396 games for us (more than Fowler). Yes, his last years were average. But the first 5 years he was one of the top keepers in the world.

IMO you can’t discount those big 5 years just because of the final couple of years.

2 Likes

Wanted us to win both domestic cups under Klopp badly.

Now that we have them I am very sure Klopp will never again spend so much energy into both competitions.

6 Likes

He has the squad now to navigate through early rounds while resting regular starters. That hasn’t always been the case. Get a relatively comfortable ride the first rounds, like this season, then suddenly they’re in the quarter final and can start thinking of the possibility of getting to a final.

9 Likes

I don’t think it’s just a matter of squad depth, but also a matter of the timing of our injuries. Most other seasons until now, we’ve usually had some rather big injury list in the initial stages of the cups, which meant that we had to play more kids than we would otherwise.

3 Likes

Kelleher
Milner? Gomez Matip/Konate Tsimikas
Henderson/Fabinho
Elliott Curtis
Minamino Firmino Jota

That’s hell of a starting XI for the early stages of the Cups. Yes, fitness, form, and fatigue will play their parts; but so will they in the crucial league and European games too. Fact is, Klopp takes every game seriously and wants to field his best possible XI. But earlier he had to depend on youth and fringe simply because he didn’t have any choice.

When is the draw for the 3rd round again… Can’t wait :0)

1 Like

until next season when we have the chance to win 7 trophies in a year :wink:

2 Likes