Fabinho (DM) to Al-Ittihad

Thing is I don’t think eithier are though I feel Henderson is better if he plays once a week.

He also seems in good physical shape.

1 Like

For those who think it’s a fun time to completely derail a topic time and again, it’s really fucking annoying for those who see new posts in a transfer thread and come in thinking there may be some relevant news. :rage:

13 Likes

Don’t think Phillips is that bad as sometimes portrayed (he does get a fair share of mockery post-Leeds), but I don’t want him.

I think my main concerns with him would be over his suitability (I don’t think he was a DM in the way we’d want to play him, even at Leeds), and the number of fitness issues he’s had in the past couple of years. I don’t think he’s a bad player, but not for us at this time.

1 Like

Yes, he was more of a roving ball winner than a DM. The sort who if you ask him to a hold a position you take away a lot of what was good about his game. Like Kante. But also like Kante once he loses the ability to put in the miles he’s kind of pointless.

Young, fit and in form I dont know that he fits. After these past two years it isnt even a question.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Suggestion to the Mods & Admin

Hey please stay on topic.

Noted. But…
Listen Gus Sorola GIF by Rooster Teeth

:joy:

2 Likes

Of the three senior midfielders, Fabs the one that looked most likely to play the most mins. Think that he would have been closer to what we are used to from him with midfield reinforcements, who have been bought.

But for £40m, hes got to go. Expect us to replace him with Lavia and then hopefully go for Colwill. Cant see us getting involved with Caicedo.

1 Like

Yep. It’s not hard to keep it on topic. No-one in a transfer rumour thread gives a shit about reading about people’s views on vegetables.

I know it’s summer and there’s no football but nobody here needs a rulebook to know how they should conduct themselves in particular threads.

Funnily enough, it’s no mods’ favourite pasttime having to clear up all the shitposts and think about where they should go instead of just taking off and nuking them from orbit just to be sure. A bit of consideration would be appreciated all round.

10 Likes

Going to start handing out some days off for further willful infractions, I don’t really want to have to spend my Saturday policing the forum.

3 Likes

Having been watching this closely, but £40M for Fabs. Take the money.

Sorry My Bad GIF by chuber channel

The Fabinho money pretty much covers Lavia. That’s a good deal for the club. I think Lavia has a big future and hope we get him in.

At that point we are down to two veteran midfielders, Henderson and Thiago. Hendo is going to Germany and his deal looks like it has fallen through. Thiago has interest from Barcelona and I think I read Saudi too.

I hope we keep one veteran to help bring Lavia through, assuming he signs.

6 Likes

Fabinho has been a good player and has contributed towards the club winning some trophies. Last season his form however dipped. £40m is a good deal. Take it and use it to further improve the team.

3 Likes

Happy if Hendo stays. No point in letting him go on a free. He is a l very good captain and can still do a good job.

3 Likes

Question: but what will he bring doing now he has been left behind? Does he train alone or is he told to stay away during the finalisation of transfers or train with u21s?

Meeting his bankers to plan how to spend his millions, setting up trust funds for 3 generations down the road…

1 Like

Not fussed about Fab going it seems likely, but not Hendo,he is worth keeping but play a little less.
If Fab goes that certainly frees up some cash to get a decent replacement which is certainly required.
Probably Lavia but open to being pleasantly surprised.

Probably funding Bolosarno’s re-election bid unless he hasn’t rotted away by then.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1680589079119908868?t=CZHSCnbGryrMJqu__uS5zg&s=19

Assume he’s gone by Tuesday.

Schmadtke hopefully getting plenty of the cash up front here ready to get spend.