Fabinho (DM) to Al-Ittihad

Minutes played over the last 3 seasons.

Rodri - 4400, 4000, 4000
Casemiro - 4000, 4000, 4000
Fabinho - 3500, 3700, 3400

Rodri and Casemiro also play more international football.

Why is Fabinho so fatigued in comparison?

3 Likes

Havent made a single excuse for him. Literally say that his drop off has been stark. For large parts of last season and the first half of the season before he was wank. Even with that he has been a vital part of a team that has contested multiple league titles and champions league finals. I think youll find there are very few midfielders who have been involved in football of that standard with that amount of football.

Wondering why Fabinhoā€™s drop off has occured is not making excuses. Very bizarre that some people think him being crap now is the same as him always having been crap.

1 Like

Not crap, but definitely overrated. He doesnā€™t have the same level of protection now and he has been exposed. Even in his best two seasons our results didnā€™t really suffer when he wasnā€™t on the pitch.

Good player at his best, not as good as advertised. The drop off has been quite severe but it is not entirely surprising, heā€™s had periods of form every season where he has played like this, this run of form has just lasted longer.

At this rate the Saudi sausages will read this thread and pull out of the deal.

Na. They signed Ronaldo for around 4 million in wages. Fab us way better. Ronaldo is 40 right?

1 Like

So is he back in training with us ā€¦

Rumours are the delay is that his dogs have to undergo a fitness too ā€¦:joy:

In the years I have watched football, I can never recall a guy falling so quickly from being a definite starter, to one that was lucky to get a place on the bench. His demise can surely only be one of a) mental fatigue b) physical fatigue, or c) he is failing to condition himself and curtail his activities outside of the playing hours.!
Whether it is a combination of all three, who knowsā€¦ but as an integral part of the machine that beat all before them a few seasons back, I find it very sad that there is a chance he will be put on display in front of the fans again, when he may still deteriorate even more.
He needs selling me thinks, so he can be remembered with some positives attached to him

4 Likes

Why only one of more of those? It is noticeable that his struggles and uplift in form coincided with players around him dropping in their performance levels or becoming injured, and the latter with those players returning to the team and the tactical tweak giving Trent a presence in the central midfield area.

That very much suggests that his output is a factor reliant on those around him.

You could also view it as he was so central to the side that since his level dropped, the whole team has gone shit. :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems to me itā€™s more likely itā€™s multiple factors, we should definitely sell him, and probably sold him a year or so ago and he still was a good component of our world class team in the previous years.

Also, good riddance you Saudi cash enamored evangelical dog lover.

https://twitter.com/Mobyhaque1/status/1684177949191471104?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1684177949191471104|twgr^42079167308192aa735737d65416e206434cab09|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheanfieldnoise.com%2Ft%2Fsaudi-sportswashing-pro-league%2F3619%2F111

Saudi reds!!! :thinking:

1 Like

He has won everything with us and while his performance level dropped last season, he wasnā€™t the only one, and the whole team was in a funk until we found something the last 10 games or so.

If he goes, good luck to him. I hope the deal completes now, as it sounds like the Saudis have paid their parking fines with FIFA and can do business again.

As for where he is going, it has all been done to death. I struggle to be salty towards a Liverpool player when they have helped to give me so much pleasure as I have watched the team in recent years.

7 Likes

Fify

Fabinho to Al Ittihad is expected to be completed imminently as the two clubs edge closer to an agreement on payment terms. -

@IanDoyleSport

As Iā€™ve said along similar lines on Hendo in his thread, so say I of Fab: whilst many folks dwell much on his recent negatives, I prefer to remember more his significant past contributions.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s something I also have problems to come to terms with. He might not have been the new Gerrard in midfield, but until the end of the 21-22 season, he was a key cog in our midfield and a part of why we did so well more often than not, and won plenty of trophies.

And yet, after last season which admittedly wasnā€™t great for him, suddenly heā€™s crap and has always been crap. For me, there is some serious revisionism at work here.

Iā€™m quite sure that if he had stayed with us, heā€™d have recovered his usual form levels of the 21-22 season, maybe Iā€™m wrong on that, but stillā€¦ People are entitled to think that we can upgrade on him, Iā€™ve no problems with that, but to say that he has always been crap is mental imo.

Jovanovic, Poulsen, Konchesky, Markovic are players who turned out to be crap for us. You could say that Keita has been crap for us given his transfer fee and his recurring injuries. But Fabinho? Come on, ladsā€¦

8 Likes

:clap: :clap:

Echo every word of this.

He was dropping off the season before last, last season he was very bad.

Looked like a guy reaching his peak and falling off, reminded me of selling a player before he goes off the boil.

As I said in my last post he was a rock solid part of our CM but I doubt we will see that level from him again and some of his performances last season were terrible, like the team wasnā€™t great at all but.

4 Likes

He was class in his heyday , possibly just as influential as Virgil or Ali. Iā€™ll remember him fondly.

2 Likes

Just pay up you twats