Fabio CARVALHO: 2022/23

Yeah, maybe he isn’t one of the Jack Dunns or Adam Peppers or whoever. But still… highly regarded, it very much depends by who exactly. He’s got potential. Like I said, still a chance he makes it here. But right now, going into next season, there’s no room for him. I would prefer a loan, expected one. But maybe our staff and footballing people think it’s better to take the money quicker than in some other cases and move on. Definitely not rating Carvalho higher than Thiago at the moment.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1665774507120906243?t=666kHroOKn4rGeikGpTxkg&s=19

We’ve paid £8m for him. He is highly rated. Think we will be looking to get at least £18m. Doubt Leipzig would pay that.

I suspect, if Carvalho wants it, it’ll get done, with installments/appearance based clauses.

1 Like

I feel like if we let him go permanently, we will regret it. He could easily become 50-60m player in 3 years time considering English & home grown tax. Lets take a page out of Chelsea’s book and try to loan him to a side he’s happy playing for.

4 Likes

Surely we can just loan him no? Seems very drastic after one tough year. Nice loan deal, get them to pay wages and see where we are in 12 months

1 Like

There is more to this I reckon. He looked pretty good from what I saw and then almost frozen out. Was there a Sakho moment or perhaps some personal or character issue or cant pass the no dick head policy. Who knows but I rather loan for now.

I think we always give out the vibes of a great global club but yet maintain a very on the ground football base. Alot of the other big clubs focus on results and glamour but our club still come across as the club for the everyday hardworker and the underdog, is that if you work hard enough, your dream for making it big can be realized. So for a young player like Carvalho, he would have seen the difference in this club and sees how Klopp brings in youth into the squad and protects them, he would think he has a great chance of making it compared to being thrown into the deep end by the other big clubs.

I absolutely agree with all that. Our club right now, even after not finishing in CL, with Jurgen Klopp, and our staff and coaches who have been magnificent, have an unseen-in-big-clubs record of improving almost every single player we get. We are a huge pull to anybody.

But again, I like to believe the reason we are like that is because we do the basics well. We sit down with the player, talk to him, get to know him, and communicate clearly with him about what we feel he’ll add to our club if he joins. And in turn he knows he that he has a chance at being one of the top players in the world here if he makes it.

What I’m wondering is exactly that part. What did we tell him he’ll be at Liverpool? Which position / positions will he play? Left winger is difficult to believe. That position is over-stacked at Liverpool.

1 Like

Jones sounds like he’s had a skin full before that interview.

A loan or buy back is not going to interest Leipzig. It doesn’t fit their model. The develop young players, and then sell them high. They have no interest in developing a youngster and then losing him for nothing or a small buy back fee.

They did loan Lookman from Everton, who did well initially, bought him, then lost certain money on his sale to Atalanta. Obviously we are well aware that it won’t be a loan without any options, clauses or obligations. Just as we will not loan a player from Real to develop him and just send him back. But there are a few possible scenarios still. I have no issues if this isn’t solved as soon as possible.

1 Like

You are probably right. The only way I can see a deal to Leipzig is if it somehow involves us getting Szoboszlai, with a cash adjustment plus Carvalho.

Otherwise we probably do want to retain an interest in Carvalho, as he could easily grow into a very good player indeed. It won’t be here next season, and it is possible that we might just let him go permanently, on the basis that you can’t keep them all, and the team might grow beyond Carvalho anyhow.

Let’s imagine MacAllister and Kone, plus another midfielder like Szoboszlai, or Veiga, or Thuram… it gets harder to see a way back at Liverpool for Carvalho.

Tough to say what will happen as there are irons in the fire and various permutations. What does look likely is that Carvalho won’t be playing his football here next season, and a clean break might be on the cards.

1 Like
1 Like

Not having the feeling that it is the best place for him to go out on loan but let’s see.

For me that’s basically the end of his LFC career. Was never going to be easy for him and pushing for a move after a year does not really help him.

We might be in for some Leipzig players next year (hoping Gvardiol will stay for now but they have other good players too) and this deal might help.

Might be the best place for LFC though - a case of go and see how the other half lives, and then tell us you still want to leave…!

1 Like

Where is the Carvalho loan money, John?

Always question about players we loan out and is that the halfway mark to leaving permanently but I’m happy with the loan. I know nothing of the club apart that they give opportunities to youth, and play in a good league and Europe.

I’m not sure if he will get enough games, don’t they have a brilliant young front line with competition in that attacking midfielder role, but if he plays then it should be an excellent loan.

Do feel he will have to tear it up in German to stand a chance of forcing his way into Jürgens plans. Good luck to him

1 Like