Fabio Carvalho (AM) Fulham

For some reason I read Fabio as Harry Wilson?!?

Please introduce me to your dealer

1 Like

Nearly midday, why hasn’t he signed yet?

1 Like

Edwards is still stuck in Columbia, tough luck … :innocent:

He’s a teenager. Probably still in bed.

5 Likes

Looks very good in his YouTube vids this guy!

1 Like

Apparently its not going to happen now according to a few news outlets.
Talksport just reported the same.

Oh no, I am disappointed. Why is that? He was going to stay at Fulham until the end of the season anyway.

Could be any number of reasons - part of negotiations (getting us to pay more?), they hope to persuade him to sign a new deal before the summer (maybe if they get promoted?), the belief that they’d get more from a tribunal than we’re offering…

Would be a nice signing, but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t sign him today.

I don’t buy this line that it’s now or never. Obviously it would be preferable now. Although if it is never, I question how much we actually want him if we couldn’t be bothered to do the tribunal to get him or conversely how much he wants to join us.

No worries , Nothing stopping us from signing him on a free next season. If the guy wants to come to us , He’ll only sign for us.

Won’t be free, there will be compensation set by a tribunal.

1 Like

Its not as if the tribunal costs would be exhorbitantly more than 5m

Probably the fee. We are likely not offering what they want and they’re willing to take it to tribunal. Bit of brinkmanship.

Think the “now or never” threat is to scare Fulham into realising that it might not be us (with a potential reasonable compensation fee) that signs him in the summer it could be a foreign league team with a pitifully small compensation fee. So stop dicking us about, accept the deal now and be thankful you’ll still have him till the summer.

3 Likes

Can always get him to sign a pre-contract agreement and leave it at that.

Not as same country we can’t.

1 Like

I think he has portugese citizenship.

We can’t agree a pre contract now for someone in the summer. Its against the rules as both clubs are in the same country. We’d have to wait till the summer.

Who will blink first? :grin:

1 Like