Fabio Carvalho (AM) Fulham

oh ok. I thought it applied to players who were English and not the clubs. Either way, If we have a firm agreement with the player and his agents (in this case his family) , We’d have a good chance of getting him in the summer.

1 Like

if they still owe us a large amount from the Wilson deal I dont see how this doesnt go through especially if we loan him back out…unless he doesn’t want to come here or he is being greedy wage wise.

They’re gambling a bit I think. £5m from us is more than they’ll get if he goes abroad on a free and they pick up a development fee. It’s probably close to the figure they’d get if he stays in England and it goes to a tribunal but that could drag on for months before they get paid and im sure they’d rather it now.

I think their only hope here is that they can persuade him to sign a new deal. Given he’s already been turning those down and now with interest from us will surely mean they have to increase their offer even more or probably include some kind of release clause.

Actually feel a bit for Fulham here but I think he’s worth us pushing for now. In the summer he’ll probably have a new agent and loftier expectations in terms of salary, especially if they’ve been promoted with him continuing this form. I guess from our part, there’s a package there on offer now. In the summer, the £5m currently going to Fulham he could well be eying going to him instead.

1 Like

His wages are 680 quid a week playing at Fulham. We’d have him starting at 10k i guess if he directly goes to the first team , Can’t see the wages being a factor.

2 Likes

If the intention is to leave him at Fulham until June, there is very little pressure to get this done today, is there?

Both clubs are like
Wild West Waiting GIF by The Magnificent Seven

1 Like

He has his pick of clubs in the summer, maybe he’s eyeing elsewhere. If he wanted to come here, no reason it wouldn’t happen today and save tribunal mess with fulham

2 Likes

Why not, we paid more than that for each of Elliot and Ings.

1 Like

Fulham might just be trying to drum up interest with other clubs to start a bidding war. If there’s no one else coming up , they’ll eventually deal with us.

And I doubt any other club will have the pull right now that Liverpool has when it comes to offering youngsters regular high quality football

2 Likes

£680? Wow.

1 Like

Paid 6M for Elliot and the decision came after ages. Rather take the money available right now

I would have both clubs would be keen to get this over the line today. Fulham to secure a £5m fee, avoid gong to tribunal for an unknown but almost certainly lower amount. And Liverpool to secure the player, avoid loosing him to another club in the summer.

Fingers crossed. Deadline day deals are worth double points.

3 Likes

I think him being out of contract in the summer complicates it. Fulham can’t agree a sale for a player who they won’t have under contract. We can’t agree terms with him as its against the rules to do it before the summer. If we could we could agree compensation with Fulham. But what if the players head is turned by Barca or Porto between now and then? Everything would be on a gentleman’s agreement basis and don’t think us or Fulham would want that uncertainty.

1 Like

650 actually… still a fair sum for a youngster but it’s not as if he’s earning a huge contract compared to the others there

Fulham are in a bit of limbo here. He’s out of contract in summer so would have to settle for tribunal but also their star player has had his head turned by us so are probably worried will his form dip if he stays but then lose a key player in the promotion push final stretch if he joins now.

Tricky one for them.

even if it’s a higher amount , It would still be months before they see any of that coming… Plus them having trouble paying for the Wilson transfer.

1 Like
2 Likes

That’s a fair call imo by Fulham.

They have more to gain with Carvalho being motivated to play his best for Fulham especially if it leads to them getting promotion back to the premier league.

Even if it’s a loan back , the kid’s probably not looking at this season anyway and it might impact his on field performance.

1 Like

Rumours are Dortmund are in for him now.

1 Like

Could be wrong but I believe foreign clubs can sign players with expiring contracts earlier than domestic clubs can in England so if we don’t get him now then foreign clubs can sign him without us even having a chance. Given that there is already reported interest from Barca and Porto (both can probably offer more game time atm) I would expect there to be competition to sign him (namely Dortmund), especially given the English Tax that can be applied to any future sale.

2 Likes