Fabio Carvalho (LW/AM) Brentford

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1822282957953864091?t=v4SP3CNrfFbPI9_zFRfJIA&s=19

5 Likes

Shame to be honest ah well.

2 Likes

Good deal imo.
His situation reminds me a lot to Harry Wilson’s time here.

7 Likes

I feel he is a far better player

9 Likes

Could have stayed but at this moment 20m plus add ons is a good deal.

3 Likes

I think he is as well, but with our stacked midfield and left wing, not sure there was a route to the first team for him. Wish him well. Love to see them turn that money into a right winger, or CB.

2 Likes

Good move for all parties. £20m is a pretty good deal for Brentford, assume we have some add ons/sell ons involved in that. He’s good enough to play regularly for a PL side and was highly unlikely to get his desired minutes here.

2 Likes

As long as we do, I’d rather us buy before we sell.

Guess Zubimendi deal will get done now as I don’t think we will be losing Thiago, Bajetic on loan and Carvalho without signing anyone.

Since when was Romano deemed a reliable source? :thinking:

The guy’s an utter chancer.

2 Likes

It’s not that he’s a chancer as much as he’s someone who literally waits for a news outlet to break some transfer news and then post that on Twitter, just tagging the original source in the process. I’ve unfollowed him ages ago, wish more people did the same.

Anyway, Joyce has tweeted and confirmed the details of the deal, so that’s sealed. Best of luck to Carvalho except when he’s playing against Liverpool, it’s a shame he couldn’t crack it here.

5 Likes

https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1822286697691836428?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

The extra details mentioned above. Deal looks pretty good for us with that extra context.

7 Likes

Wish him well, was looking forward to seeing him get some sub minutes, but his path to becoming a starter here would’ve been really tough. Think this move would imply that Diaz isn’t going anywhere.

2 Likes

I’m not too happy about it but I hope that Slot can get him and Gakpo playing their best football ever, and consistently at that.

That’s a decent breakdown get this Zubi bloke done.

Diaz wanted Barca (or his Dad did) and they signed Olmo seemingly wothout a plan for how to actually afford to register him. No chance they can afford Diaz.

2 Likes

Good deal overall, didn’t really see a near future for him with us.

If he was eager for regular football and wanted to settle somewhere, then it’s time to do that profit and move on.

Not everyone will make it here, most will actually “fail” and not everyone can get the same amount of time.

I feel it’s mostly his dad.

2 Likes

I always had the feeling that there was something wrong with his attitude, maybe it’s just me, but I always had the feeling that there was something wrong with him. Anyway, all the best Fabio

1 Like

I think it is the right move for all concerned. He is a good player, and it remains to be seen how good he will become. Had he stayed he would have been, at best, third choice as a number ten and third choice as a left winger. He would have only seen limited minutes in fits and starts, and would have stagnated as a player.

This is a good move to a solid Prem team. Presumably the add ons are achievable, based on appearances, and if he goes on to boss it - and he might - and bigger clubs come circling, we have protected ourselves with a 17.5% sell on.

Much as I’d like to, we can’t keep all the players. As we try to improve the squad further we will be letting some good players leave, and that will come with a twinge of regret.

Good luck to Carvalho.