Fábio Carvalho (on loan at Hull City FC)

Think we know enough now to change the title of this thread, don’t we?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/kmynwa/status/1690492362844213250?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Seems to like the fact Caicedo rejected us.

(Probably a stretch from me but still)

Probably run by his agent anyhow or a social media team seems to post some garbage on there.

Maybe he liked it because it was utter bollocks as we have seen.

2 Likes

Is there a Loan Watch 23/24 thread?

If not, how is the lad going at RBL?

Am I blind?

That’s what too much masturbation does to you.

It’s this one, mate:

183 minutes till now.

The Xavi Simons loan has killed his chances by the looks of it, he’s miles below Simons’ level.

Not entirely surprising he isn’t good enough to break into Leipzig’z side.

1 Like

He has started two of their last three games so hopefully he’s finding his way into the squad.

4 Likes

On the bench again.

Hasn’t started a game for over 2 months. Has played the equivalent of 3 full games.

Recalled in jan?

Why? If he can’t get a game there what chance does he have with us?
He might be sent back, but recall seems unlikely.

I think he meant recall him to send him out again to somewhere he will play.

3 Likes

Just 257 mins with nearly half the season gone.

Need to use that Football Manager speak: “Fabio isn’t playing as agreed - what’s going on?”

How do they say “he’s shite” in German?

:joy:

Ask @mattyhurst

What is the issue I wonder…Physicality? He did seem to get brushed off the ball…

I hate to see young players not fulfill obvious potential no matter who they play for…

2 Likes

I guess it’s just how they rate their between the lines players and competition.

The advantage with a loan to Leipzig was that they’re a competitive side, they share some of our principles of play, play systems with offensive players inside, are often in European competitions, win the domestic cup here and there.

The disadvantage is that they always have a bunch of similar or better talents than the player Carvalho currently is. So they can’t give everyone the same focus and amount of chances.

Especially when it’s a loan without a buyout clause, even if I think Simons (who is impressing a lot) doesn’t have one either.

The club should enforce these minimum appearance clauses to the young players. If only to aid development.

That was always why I thought it was a weird loan. Their model is to develop their own young players and sell them on at a mark up. Why would they have any interest in developing one of ours? There isn’t much upside for them. They are always going to prioritise their own young talents.

1 Like