Fabio "FABINHO" TAVARES: 2021/22

Casemiro is back so he’ll probably have a rest, yeah.

1 Like

But he will make trans Atlantic round trips nevertheless.

Fabinho needs to watch some videos of Fernandinho.

We play a similar high risk offensive football as City and City do get countered a lot, but their 3 midfielders with Fernandinho (and now Rodri) as the primary would always stop it early by a snide tackle… Eventually they’d get a yellow card but considering it’s about 5 times a game the counter is on this typically over 90mins works itself out.

It’s a fine line but that’s the street smarts / dark arts we are lacking at the moment.

1 Like

Bold of you to think we’ll get that kind of refereeing luck. If anything, it’s Milner he needs to learn from anyway. Almost always seems to avoid those cards.

1 Like

This is true, so it’s not outside the realms of possibility.

Very odd I thought they were playing on the Friday but it seems their last game is late Tuesday night.

They should be back in time for the Arsenal match.

1 Like

Fabinho looks so slow at times he can’t even get close enough to commit a foul.

He’s a really good player but this stubborn insistence from our fans that he’s the best defensive midfielder in the world is a bit odd to me. He cannot cover space like Casemiro, Fernandinho or Mascherano used to.

He’s missing Wijnaldum.

2 Likes

Seems so

Isn’t that due to positionning?

We definitely need someone picking up those 2nd or 50/50 balls, Thiago started but is injured.

They’d struggle in our system. Fabinho has one of the hardest jobs in football. He’s got a huge area of the pitch to patrol.

They’d look much better at patrolling those spaces, because they are.

You can’t convince me any of those 3 would’ve allowed Bowen to run past them despite having a 5 yard head start like Fabinho did. It wouldn’t happen.

Sometimes he gets caught too far up the pitch.

Mostly it’s about speed though. He is very slow, especially when turned around.

3 Likes

Mascherano and Fabinho are two different players. They suited for two different systems.

Mascherano is more of a snapping at the heels type destroyer while Fabinho is more like a spotter/lighthouse. Moreover, I don’t think any conventional DM has a passing range like Fabinho.

1 Like

Will Fabinho be available against Arsenal? Think the timing of their last game makes it impossible to reach on time.

Huh? They are playing in 4 and a half hours against Argentina, plenty of time to get back for the Arsenal match.

Hmm, maybe it was in the previous month’s games.

Argentina v Brazil. Shame it not kicking off at 10 pm - should be a good one. Still hopefully Alisson and Fabinho are nowhere near it, especially Fabinho

1 Like

Yeah they will be available for this, the last games were played on the Friday morning before the Saturday lunchtime kick off against Watford hence.

Him and Thiago need to be starting together whenever possible.

2 Likes
2 Likes