Federico Chiesa (AM) Juventus

He’s 26 right now, so a bit younger than when we brought in Thiago. He has had niggles, but above all one terrible injury (cruciate ligament tear in 2022). I haven’t followed him since then, but last season he played roughly 2’500 minutes, which is around half a season when compared with VVD or Mo. I also don’t know if he has recovered all his qualities since then. Does someone follow Serie A on a regular basis?

That’s exactly what I thought as well! :joy:

Cessna to Blackpool?!?

Where’s the Learjet to John Lennon money John?

I would expect Chiesa to be flying from Torino…

The common comment about him even last year when he seemed “fit” was that he played like he didnt fully trust his body anymore - covered less ground, ran at defenders less often with less enthusiasm, and chased the ball less. That is largely why they moved him more centrally off the wing for a lot of the season. That is the big red flag, but is also something we are clearly aware of and will have made our own assessments on. It is possible, likely even, that this is an area where cold data (number of sprints, top speed, acceleration) is more insightful than internal assessments where the emotion of a disappointing season with everyone involved looking for scapegoats, and as an established player coming to the end of his contract who has earned a good amount money while not available the previous two season, he is a very viable scapegoat.

3 Likes

I think a big part of why Juventus is moving him is that those observations are not a great fit for what Motta wants, at least based on Bologna last year. Bologna caught a lot of teams offguard with a ferocity in pressing that would make Klopp smile, I ended up watching Bologna quite a bit last year after their opening loss to AC Milan surprised me (Milan was damned lucky to get a 2-0). Throw in the big wages compared to the younger guys who will execute Motta’s press, and they just don’t have room for him after the financial folly of the CRonaldo years where they lost control of their wage budget.

1 Like

remember it well and feeling hopeful of the PL afterwards. Whats another 10 years when you’ve already been waiting your whole adult life?

https://x.com/Lfc__vision/status/1828428616822083701

4 Likes

Sounds more like hicks and Gillette talk :joy:

Some nice stuff in that Napoli video, but you have to love a highlights package that includes a player dribbling the ball out for a goal kick

7 Likes

I watched one earlier that had the same clip of Chiesa trying to skill his way past an opposition player, but ultimately getting tackled, repeated four times - three different angles and one in slow motion.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Still the best

6 Likes

Balotelli begs to differ

Clearly I’ve not watched as many of these comps as others but my personal favourite remains

2 Likes

I’m not sure what ol’ Rafa ever saw in him, so much so that he was desperate to bring him along to Inter, the same Inter he was complaining had too old a squad…

I am posting this just because of his Italian accent :sunglasses:

https://x.com/anfieldsociaI/status/1828469060729794809

Do people in Italy actually learn to talk with their hands as children?

1 Like
1 Like

I wish @Nikola created this thread

i give up.

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Anyone tried korma pizza?