Federico Chiesa (AM) Juventus

That’s my main concern, too. There is lifestyle/sunshine/tapas to factor into the player’s decision, as well as playing time and wages.

1 Like

He is a very good player.
No brainer to sign him.

1 Like

Another reason to swerve, especially as the PL is several notches above Serie A in this regard

1 Like

Yeah don’t want to do that again.

1 Like

If the recruitment team believe that Chiesa can stand up to the rigours of the PL season, they should sign him. His quality is indisputable and he will make an already excellent forward line even more stacked.

That said, there are clearly more pressing needs such as getting a CB in or maybe a DM that appeals to Slot more than his current options.

I doubt anything happens though.

Chiesa, Chiesa, whatever will be will be, the future’s not ours to see…

I’ll see myself out.

8 Likes

They might not be able to register him.

Olmos still not registered with Barca needing to offload 2-3 more players.

Joke club

1 Like

2512 minutes in all comps in 23/24.

Transfer fee is low enough but we would need to be careful with his salary.

Breaking…

The club are considering him because Nunez, Gomez and Jones are already getting too much stick from supporters.

Hughes has stated that Chiesa getting volleys of abuse for being injured and Italian will take the pressure off the usual scapegoats, now that Thiago has gone.

“We need a lazy, constantly injured scapegoat so the lads can have a go. We considered Dewsbury Hall but Chiesa is shorter to type in the in match thread” Hughes says he might sign or he might not.

12 Likes

Whats really weird about them not being able to afford him is that their squad isn’t even bloated. Its packed with young player mostly from La Masia. They’re just paying extraordinary money to a few players.

1 Like

Turns out they’ve (once again) been bailed out;

Hard not to feel that the Christiansen injury is total fabrication to enable them to register Olmo.

Not surprised in the slightest - La Liga and the Spanish FA want the best Spanish players to be playing in Spain - if Olmo wasn’t Spanish, I’d assume they’d not get this break.

7 Likes

What, this is perfect! Buy him for €15m now, sell him to Barcelona in 2 seasons for €150m!

4 Likes

La Liga’s cost controls are really strict on adding new contracts as well and so it is that as much as the total amount of money that they are struggling with…

1 Like

Where did you see those numbers? I watch a fair bit of Serie A, but not Juve in particular and I recall him largely on the left. But with Italy he seems to slot in on the right more often - is that an aggregate? Surprises me too

Have seen him on the left some, but the majority of time I’ve watched him, he was on the right wing. Especially so earlier in his career, pre-injury.

3 Likes

That was better than I expected when I looked at it. The ligament injury was serious, and that is effectively the next two as well. ‘Fitness’ starts the day after the CL tear ends, and he has knee problems the next week. That’s all the same injury - and the rest of the 22/23 ones likely are too, guarding or similar. The worry is around the 23/24 Dec-Jan problems (he likely was still dealing with them Dec26 to Jan6 during the Serie A break) which once again involve a knee.

1 Like

Bite your tongue!

9 Likes

If Barca is really involved, that is a very positive sign. Don’t see how they could add him, they already have a logjam. But I suspect agent handwaving more than real interest

1 Like

There is nothing concerning about last season IMO. The two longest spells out were both over international breaks where he elected not to join the Italy team, but was back ready to play once domestic games resumed. This is a player just being cautious about building his fitness back up after a difficult 2 years and not real injury absences. Outside of that, it’s pretty unremarkable.

3 Likes

Flight tracking is back in business. Don’t shoot the messenger lol

11 Likes