FIFA - All that’s wrong with football

Meanwhile the chair of the UNFCCC COP is also the CEO of the UAE national oil company…

1 Like

Shocked Baby GIF

Carbon neutral cars?

Not enough laughing emojis on here to do that one justice.

2 Likes

Might worth being shit for a while…

Considering there is only one club higher on UEFA’s list than us on coefficients and it’s Bayern.

That’s the first time in a long time (I don’t remember how long ago…) that is has not been somewhere in the Middle East, isn’t it? Presumably that will mean no more December interruption of the season? Not entirely a bad thing if it is a northern hemisphere summer event. Make a mess of training camp for the following season I suppose.

1 Like

What happened to the Saudi version? I thought that was the expanded version of this event?

Saudis are the 2023 host

1 Like

If we win the Europa it is probably likely we’d qualify for that to be honest.

Think / hope this one may blow up in their faces. 32 teams, even based on a straight knock-out format, means potentially 5 additional games.

If Liverpool qualified and were going well in the league, which is the priority, I could genuinely imagine Klopp sending the Under 21’s and Barry. Some other clubs, who don’t have huge depth in the first team, may be tempted to do likewise.

1 Like

The only problem is that there is likely to be a huge chunk of cash involved. Remember when we last sent the team to this club world cup thing and played the kids in the League Cup?

In fact, I remember United actually dropping out of the FA Cup to play in the thing as well.

1 Like

I assume this will take place in the Summer?

Yeah it’s June- July.

I assume they will stick some internationals in that period as well.

:joy:

Wanker.

2 Likes

That’s too kind.

He’s a massive piece of shit.

3 Likes

As the title of this thread says; FIFA - All that’s wrong with football.

2 Likes

While he and Lauber are cleared, the report from the special judges specifies that there are still large areas which aren’t cleared. But they haven’t enough evidence to prove a case of corruption, so they have to let them go.

My opinion is that all of this smells still very fishy. And Infantino is an arrogant piece of shit anyway.

4 Likes

Well he would know envious, corrupt people.

Some of them are him and his best friends.

3 Likes

Need anymore be said…

2 Likes

Aussie sold out

Not so much sold out as can read the writing on the wall. When the Asian FA President announces support for Sand bid before anyone else even has an opportunity to bid and FIFA has stitched it up so that that WC goes to an ‘Asian’ country, then it is clear that brown suitcases and crates have already changed hands.

6 Likes

It would be so cool in Aussie. They know how to put on this kind of event.

4 Likes