FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

:star_struck:

I wonder if German federation will approach Klopp for the national team.

They know not to bother.

Karma for the SA World Cup goal not given for England

Yeah I see that all over social media. We never learn. :wink:

Thatā€™s not controversial. Itā€™s indefensible.

1 Like

How bad is this fat man.

That is genuinely uncomfortable viewing. That is stuff that is going to haunt him when heā€™s lying in bed at night as a 60 year old.

1 Like

Lol.

From the Germany side that started the World Cup in 2014 youā€™re only really taking Kroos and Lahm.

Not his fault, I heard somewhere heā€™s only played 52 mins of football before coming on today THIS SEASON. How are you selecting him? How are you STILL selecting Vertonghen and Alderwerield ffs lol.

Martinez did the sensible thing tonight.

1 Like

As I said, an indefensible opinion. One could counter it point by point, or just point out that you are arguing for playing Sule over Boateng and then walk away from the ridiculousness of the discussion.

1 Like

Surely if the white line was the same width as the upright, that ball would be judged to be out of playā€¦ Anyone remember the goal-line clearance against the Cheatersā€¦ same issue, the white lines are slightly wider than the goalpostsā€¦!

1 Like

I posted a pic when Szszceny saved Messiā€™s pen in with regards to where his foot was on the line.

For me the exact same scenario except oneā€™s a boot and the otherā€™s a ballā€¦whole boot/ball needs to be over and a lot of people canā€™t come to terms with thatā€¦they look at an angle theyā€™re not supposed to or is very misleading to the eye and come to quick decisions.

1 Like

There was the likes of Leon Goretzka who looked good for a couple of seasons but just didnā€™t show up this tournament.

Germany now has almost 7 weeks of football off.

1 Like

Imagine if that perfectly good goal had been disallowed, and Germany had undeservedly finished above Japan on goal difference.
Also very harsh

6 Likes

Canā€™t wait for tomorrow to conclude the group games with Ghana Uruguay and Serbia Swisseā€¦the needle is real in both games.

1 Like

Goddamn Mitoma of Japan has some pace! Started behind Carvajal and then blew by him!

2 Likes

Remember his cameo in the 3-3 earlier this season, wasnt pretty viewing (for us)

Japan have come a long way, from the Kagawaā€™s Okazakiā€™s Hondaā€™s trying to think who else of this world they had last 1-2 world cups to suddenly having a near full XI that is recognisable amongst Europe.

1 Like

Yes but they have both actually won the world cup in that time! Only other teams to do that are Spain and France who have also had some very poor showings at other times. I think any other nation - including Brazil, Argentina, England etc - would love to have had the record of Italy or Germany since 2006.

For both of those, there is only a maximum width, no requirement that they conform to one another.