FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Luis Enrique sacked

Contract expired.

He wanted a decision now, so they parted ways.

Spain’s U21 man de la Fuente is taking over.

2 Likes

There has been plenty of criticism for FIFA for this decision. Importantly though, the basis of that criticism lies in the awfulness of Qatar as a regime so you cannot criticize FIFA without also criticizing Qatar.

Yeah, this was a piece from Hunter prior to the world cup talking about the contract impasse and examining his options.

He will attract some good options, I’m sure.

Will be interesting to see where the likes of Martinez and Enrique go next.

:open_mouth:

I thought that was @gasband ’s latest piece.

But then I noticed that there were no seagulls.

1 Like

There’s no smoke without a fire…and there’s a hell of a lot of smoke here

2 Likes

For a “machine” he certainly bitches and moans a lot

1 Like

I’m sure Kaka’s view on him has now altered from a machine to an old broken down past it’s sell by date machine.

You have to stop invoking my great name on such ugliness

I never said I supported the regime. I was observing the changes of the city’s architecture and all I said had good memories of living there, it was a general observation. That’s it.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here

Ghouls.

Who needs a manager?

Ironically no one in the PL which Enrique would consider are currently needing one. So it is unlikely to be England unless someone is tempted away.

Yeah, City made sense until Pep signed his extension and so waiting for them would require another full seasons out of football. Atletico makes sense from a personality fit and maybe in terms of the challenge it would represent, but it also seems like a bit of a step down. Other than us if something happens with ownership Klopp doesnt like there dont look like any obvious good fits for him right now. But football changes quickly. What about him being the next step in Newcastle’s ascent?

I’d be surprised as Howe is doing a pretty good job there, and the fans seem to really back him and the team at the moment, so I think he would be pretty safe for the time being.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually think Newcastle are happy with Howe and I don’t think he is the worst manager going, he is not Hughes or Pearce at Man City, they make take a step up in say 1-2 years but Newcastle won’t sack as long as he looks like they are progressing.