FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

:joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I thought it was outside the box based on both the live action and the replays. The foul is at the initial point of contact, which was outside.

FYI I thought there was a foul on Saka for the first French goal.

1 Like

Hahahahah me tooā€¦ reminded me of this
Arnold Schwarzenegger Sudden Realization GIF

Fascinating, outrageous, shocking, how can heā€¦

Football isnā€™t really their thing, is it?

You couldnā€™t be more wrong. But there you go.

Harry Maguire complaining about someone being really poor

Just sent the link to OED to see if they can use it.

1 Like

Head up Harry, you did yourself and England proud this tournament, no shame losing to a more superior talented better organised team who are actually capable of going all the way and winningā€¦no doubt in my mind youā€™ll all regroup and come back stronger for 2024 where weā€™ll finally be able to say itā€™s coming home. COME ON ENGLAND!

In a way itā€™s good itā€™s Kane because we know what happens when itā€™s one of the younger lads especially the likes of Rashford or Saka.

5 Likes

Only saw some snippets of the game as it happened to be on in the Indian restaurant I visited last night. A small group were there watching it too which I thought was a little bizarre. Perhaps they had eaten earlier.

I nearly got squashed, and feared for my chapati when two of them started a wee brawl right where we were sitting.

I have clearly been living a sheltered life.

1 Like

Liverpool matters to me far more so I often think how I react to Liverpool results and the behaviour still doesnā€™t come close.

3 Likes

At least we donā€™t have to listen to itā€™s coming home for another couple of years.
Well done France.

3 Likes

Whoever came up with that song should be tarred and feathered. Bloody albatross around Englandā€™s neck

1 Like

Baddiel and Skinner but also Broudie who is a Liverpool Fan (and being an actual song writer you have a feeling it was mostly him).

He also wrote the life of Riley which anyone who watched match of the day in the 90s will fondly remember, the best goal of the month song ever and should never have been replaced. Then again I think the Fall replaced it at one point or was that the classified results?

1 Like

Maybe a poll for what the 3 lions could be swapped for too?

Yes! Now Singapore will have more chances to be cannon fodder to more teams going to the World Cup.

If you needed two tournaments in a row that suggested they should do this you canā€™t have a better two that the World Cup this year and the Euros last.

Especially if they go with the 12 groups of four as that means most 3rd place teams qualify which didnā€™t destroy the Euros but would in the past have suggested as much.

I donā€™t mind it to be fair, there are far more wasteful tournaments

1 Like