FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

Where are we seeing this? I thought squads werent being announced until thursday and Im not seeing confirmation of Brazil’s being done early

1 Like

Fucking Dani Alves lol, isn’t this like his 42nd world cup now?

Think that’s probably even 1 more than Milner.

Christ that’s a lot of attackers.

They will often play with a double pivot, so we’re talking about 4 offensive positions. 9 attackers instead of 8. What is striking is the quality and depth.

Midfield looks a bit thin.

Counting Everton as a forward I make it 10 forwards.

I noticed that Gabigol has returned to a bit of form since he’s been back in Brazil and was getting some traction for a call up and so it looks like the last pick was Pedro over him.

That is Everton Ribeiro, a midfielder (who can play different roles, but less of a forward than the rest), not Everton the winger.

Bobby is unlucky but that is a hell of a set of attacking options, I’m not that surprised he’s been left out.

Fabinho on the other hand is incredibly lucky to keep his spot. Was selfishly wanting him to be left out in the hopes that a decent month or so break would do him the world of good in terms of recovering from whatever injury he is clearly carrying.

2 Likes

Yeah, well… form is not everything. I didn’t doubt Fabinho would go, although I don’t expect him to play much. They need him in the squad just in case.

Yeah, I knew the player but in the list I subsequently saw it had him listed as a forward as well, but understand what you’re saying.

Wales World Cup Anthem… Yma o Hyd

Quite stirring actually… But where is Men of Harlech when ya need it

2 Likes

Bit of background to the song above

3 Likes

1 Like

Firmino 7 appearances? Well that aint right is it.

I know the numbers still vastly in his favor but that isn’t right.

In the league it is I reckon.

Nah your’re right that’s way out, starts is probably 7.

Probably doesn’t dive enough to be included…

It’s completely beyond me how a quality player like Bobby, who is in top form as well right now, can be left out in favour of Richarlison.

Anyway, speaking about South-American football, it seems that Conmebol want to ‘leave controversies behind’:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how many games are people likely to be watching from this?

I’m usually the first up with the wallchart and planning my time around matches but with this one I just don’t have my heart in it. I’ll probably watch the Germany, Wales and possibly England games but aside from that I don’t think I can be that bothered.

I don’t think it is even Qatar’s human rights record that bothers me. Russia are pretty appalling but they did seem to stick on a decent tournament. I suspect that it’s because Russia does have some sort of football culture. Regardless of how horrible the Russian government might be I would still see some sort of kinship with your average Russian fan who wants to watch the match with a bottle of beer and talk pish about VAR or referees or whatever.

This has all the grass roots feeling of Astroturf.

3 Likes

None.

4 Likes