Florian Neuhaus (CM) Borussia Mönchengladbach

Seems a few links going around - time for his own thread in my book!

24 years old, 6ft tall, German international, release clause of 40m Euro has elapsed.

Last season in the Bundesliga, he made 33 appearances, with 6 goals and 6 assists. Also played in the CL.

Personally - beyond hearing his name, not seen him play, looked at his stats, seems decent. More box to box than a deep lying from what I’ve seen. But we all know that when Klopp brings a player in, he might look totally different once he’s been moulded, as we saw with Gini joining us to become a midfield cog over a goal scoring midfielder.

Some posts from the unreliable rumours thread below [for some reason you got open the quotes up to see the links/posts/video]

4 Likes

What’s the deal on this lad? What does he do? Is he likely to play much for Germany this month?

3 Likes

It’s worth watching some of the vids, as he’s not much of a goalscorer they instead focus on what he does actually do (rather than just sticking the ball in the net a la most striker highlight reels).

It looks like, similar to Gini, it’s near impossible to get the ball off him. His close control is insane. His speciality seems to be drawing opposition players in then evading them with a piece of skill and/or a forward pass to beat the press. From my limited viewing he looks like a cross between Gini and a proper playmaker.

I’m fully on board with this one.

13 Likes

Not seen much of him tbh but I’m sure Kroos, Gündogan, Goretzka are ahead of him and Kimmich of course too but he is likely to play LB/LWB.

2 Likes

Looks very good in our new kit… they already made a video :upside_down_face:

https://youtu.be/c_JlTm-cJ9A

8 Likes

4 Likes

As with almost every video I see of any player we’re linked with , I say … ‘Sign him up!’

Seriously … if we’re looking for a like for like replacement for Gini , this guy looks the business.

7 Likes

Historically we have a very good relationship with Monchengladbach - or at least our fanbases do.

I’m sure it would be a much easier sell to their fanbase if they let him move to us rather than becoming the next German to go for a cut price to Bayern Munich.

9 Likes

I watched 43 seconds of Livy’s video and I’m down. Sign him up already, Michael.

14 Likes

If I can’t ever have Goretzka, give me Neuhaus.

7 Likes

i do love someone who can hit a long diagonal pass with utter precision.
He looks decent. Can get to one box to another with speed and strength.

3 Likes

Having just watched this video I have to say I’m sold, and it looks like Curtis won’t be getting a look in next season if we buy this fellah.

Does “absurdly press resistant” mean that he hates doing the ironing? Or does he just stonewall the media?

8 Likes

He has a auto-iron body to remove any creases the moment he gets dressed

5 Likes

What have you done @rupzzz . Now we aren’t going to sign him. Why did you do it, why, why.

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I think Jones is going to play a big part next season.

9 Likes

Maybe not if we buy someone like this in addition to Hendo, Thiago and Fab. IMO he won’t get much of a look-in. of course he will get games, but maybe not as much as he would like.

1 Like

He was excellent when played last year, and think there were extenuating circumstances of why he became used as infrequently as he was the last 1/4 of the season. Other than continuing to have problems physically I see no reason why he wont play a significant part next season.

3 Likes

Was it Monchengladback that came close to signing Grujic last season?

2 Likes

That pass at 0:28… :eyes:

1 Like

Anyone coming in probably won’t be starting straight away, history has shown this to be accurate for the vast portion of players.

I then expect out first choice midfield (if we play 3 as we have) of Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson. With Jones as the next player in line…

Henderson is 31 in 6 days, so age is catching up with him so I expect his minutes to dwindle and Jones’ to increase.

@Limiescouse looked like growing pains, he had icepacks on his knees after most games… Must be a huge jump from minimal minutes to the intensity of this team (hence my 1st point above!)

2 Likes