Florian Neuhaus (CM) Borussia Mönchengladbach

Who knows if we still want him, but his clause date expired. Maybe he’s only one of the alternative options on the midfielder list for this summer.

2 Likes

I doubt clauses matter much seen them mentioned many a time and yet the player goes regardless for that price, I assume most of the time they are claimed to exist as some for the press to jizz over.

Not sure why you would have a clause say June 15th, no doubt some exist but seems far too many around that make little sense.

Fee clauses yeah but some of these date ones seem to be dreamt up by journalists.

1 Like

Dates are always part of release clauses. Normally the date would be into July although earlier ones are not unusual.

1 Like

He apparently has the same €40m release clause for next summer too. I’d assume the date is so that it encourages buying clubs to act early and give them time to find a replacement rather than it being triggered with a week to go in the window leaving them scrambling.

What’s pretty certain is that they know they’ll get €40m next summer should they hold onto him this time around. Someone now wanting to buy him this summer will therefore need to make it worth their while to sell him and €40m isn’t likely to do the job unless they desperately need the cash or he kicks up a fuss.

5 Likes

Yup if you throw 40m at them at any point they would sell, I assume we will start to see some movement in the next couple of weeks for our targets.

A white van just drove down the cul-de-sac I live on…

Do you reckon it’s him on his way to Anfield??

4 Likes

why? (those dates)

why not just have it until Mid October effectively giving the club and player the full window?

in an y given circumstance it can be beneficial to either the player or the club, not both…i get that, but the deciding factors on that depend on so m any mitigating factors, whats the thinking behind the awkward dates that both parties at the original signing of the contract would agree its a good idea???

Because you dont want to give the player the full window to protect against losing a player on the last day you had banked on being able to keep.

1 Like

If someone wants you…they have first half of window to get you. That gives us enough time to buy replacement. If they come in at end of window, it leaves us scrambling…so x date work for you? Works for us. Great. Sign here.

i get that…but its something you give away at the FRONT end of the contract as a player, so it makes little sense for it to be so common…

It’s a mutual agreement. Club and player know he can leave if club X pays fee Y.

The players club is happy because that fee is often sizeable and something they’d be happy to get for the player at the time of signing the contract. Player knows if his stock rises rapidly, he’s got an easy get-out if a bigger club comes calling or that the current club will give him an improved contract on the basis of increasing the buy-out clause to protect their valuation.

The date protects the club from being left in the lurch but also gives the agent a clear set of criteria to work to with any buying club. If you have family or kids you might not be that inclined to uproot them all at a days notice and you’ve spent all summer doing pre-season for your current club. Players are people after all and some will want to ensure they have time to settle both themselves and family into a new environment before the slog of the season begins and they aren’t about much.

And of course, should that date pass, it doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t be sold, just that the buyout can no longer be triggered.

4 Likes

Press don’t need news mid season.

1 Like

Is Chelsea after this guy too :thinking:

No they thought it was a ‘new house’ for Caicedo

Florian Neuhaus has reportedly agreed terms with Chelsea.