Florian Neuhaus (CM) Borussia Mönchengladbach

Cool. Thanks for the update. Apparently though he has a big engine which seems to be one of his selling points.

Tbh I don’t know anything about him, just saw some charts that don’t correspond to what’s being said. He is box to box in the sense he goes from one box to the other depending on situation (attack or defense) but doesn’t appear to do the defensive stuff inbetween boxes just gets back to defend. Not bad but not what we do. Tactically i see this as an enormous difference, and also physically (perhaps that’s what crooked Kieta?).
I’ll just have to see for myself if he does come.

1 Like

I can really see this happening, and there seems to be quite a bit of momentum gathering about it.

Redmen Family Germany are getting very mixed reactions to this rumour. Some very positive comments, but a lot of scepticism too.

2 Likes

I think we all like to see some action. I won’t be dissappointed if it doesn’t happen however if Kieta goes, which I feel is necessary, I would be distraught if noone came in.

2 Likes

So would I. He’s crap.

11 Likes

Maybe,

“Neuhaus. In the middle of Anfield”

9 Likes

Or he could come here and play different tactics under Klopp. We talk about players like they are computer programmed

2 Likes

I think Crosby stills nash young song is strong candidate.

"Neuhaus is a very, very fine house, with two …(others can fill in the blank, I’m not that clever)…, now everything is easy because of yooouuuu! (go to 1:25 in the song)

4 Likes

I don’t! :wink:

Nah, we can’t use that. Graham Nash is a Manc!

Has he liked an LFC players Insta yet.

1 Like

This thread is a week old. He isn’t coming. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Suggestion is, because he has another €40m clause for next summer, that it’ll take an offer in excess of that to make Gladbach consider selling him this summer.

1 Like

Neuhaus looks like a solid midfielder. An all-round box to box type that is good at dribbling the ball at his feet.

But his shot looks nothing special, and I wouldn’t say he looks outstanding with the vision on his passes either.

I also feel that he is lacking in aerial presence. Won only .4 aerial duels per game in the Bundesliga.

Compare this to a powerhouse like Milinkovic-Savic who won 3.2 aerial duels per game in Series A.

To generalize, I would say that Neuhaus looks a good dribbler, a passer with good accuracy and decent vision, poor in the air, a decent shot but not outstanding. Making him an above average all-around central midfielder whom we hope that Klopp can elevate with coaching into something far better.

I’d be more interested in Milinkovic-Savic TBH but that’s not happening unless Lazio wants to unload to settle some debts/income loss from the recent pandemic.

2 Likes

Isn’t SMS painfully slow? Wouldn’t that make him a non-starter for us?

2 Likes

Heading ability isn’t a major prerequisite for a CM in my book

5 Likes

Thiago and Fab are both good headers of the ball anyway , so it’s covered.

1 Like

With Germany now out, I expect that if there is any genuine interest in Neuhaus that this will move along swiftly now although I’m sure that the club would first prefer to move a few out.

Depends on the balance of the team. We may not rely on it going forwards in open play, but defensively it can be important, and it is often a plus at set pieces.

1 Like