Florian Neuhaus (CM) Borussia Mönchengladbach

It has a realistic feel because he seems similar to the player we have just lost. The idea we’d run the rule over him at the Euros doesn’t make any sense though. Surely Klopp and his team know everything about him already. What could we learn in the next couple of weeks that we don’t already know? More likely it’s dependent on sales, and there does seem to be movement in that direction.

8 Likes

I don’t really know about Florian Neuhaus, but I got a good feeling about him. I really wanted Leon Goretzka, so probably that aspiration is being channeled here. For no apparent reasons, I really don’t fancy Yves Bissouma.

4 Likes

More like the new fragrance from Hugo Boss.

4 Likes

We could learn that he doesn’t suffer a serious injury in the next four weeks.

3 Likes

To me he looks like more of a replacement of Naby. He looks great in that video but many of those qualities I expected from Naby (goals from midfield, dribble past his man, create opportunities).

I saw Wijnaldum as being similar to Lucas Leiva. Florian seems to bring very different qualities.

7 Likes

Hven’t seen much of him,but from the vids you’d have to think what have we got to lose?
Keita seems to be only good for the odd guest appearance between injuries,Gini gone ,we need a decent Mid this summer.
Just get him!

1 Like

Assuming this link being reported now makes him the Lewis, who is the Kostas, or are you just saying that the preferred target is likely to be A N Other?

4 Likes

Granenberch maybe. I think some are hoping it’s Camavinga but at 80m it’s not.

1 Like

We should never ever sign another player from any country because we’ve had one bad one previously.

9 Likes

Full Martian 11 here we come

2 Likes

Yup until one of them turns out to be shit. And having signed Cheroyu and Diomede, Konate is bound to be a flop.

4 Likes

Not saying Neuhaus is the one but his type is the kind we need and profile we are looking at probably. Our starting midfield 3 when fit surely is Fabinho, Hendo and Thiago. But we need similarly fit players who are already at a good level but willing to come in and learn and be even better. We have Curtis who will definitely play a big part in our midfield this coming season. We have Milner of course who is ever present but would probably play a bigger role as a leader more than the minutes on field. And with Keita’s injury problems not looking to subside anytime soon and other fringe players future like Ox, Shaqiri and Taki, we definitely have space for one more CM who is of that profile we are looking at.

2 Likes

Agreed

I might add…

The less said about our youth system the better

1 Like

Probably someone we’ve never been linked to or at least any links have been speculative this end and stronger at the other end. There were some links in Greece with Tsimikas but nothing in the UK.

3 Likes

https://fb.watch/666i30q8K8/

1 Like

Great player sign him already.

1 Like

No, as someone said previously, it’s got to be Madness’ ‘Our House’.

‘Neuhaus, in the middle of our field’.

Well, it’s better than ‘in the middle of our midfield’.

2 Likes

I’m generally opposed to bringing in players from the Hipsterliga (see: Werner, Havertz), but I have a good feeling about this boy.

1 Like

If he is the all action pressing player many claim then I imagine that will be the end of Naby.

That doesn’t seem to bear out from his stats, I’ll try and find the chart I was looking at.
He might become that under Klopp but my impression is he’s an explosive player in possession very similar to Keita. I think you have to look at tactics to get an idea, we just don’t play anything like the team he’s coming from. I would expect a long integration time if we go for this player. He really doesn’t look like the box to box type you’d get with say Camavinga.

1 Like