Former players and managers - general discussion

His loss.

I’m sure if he would have stuck around a little longer we’d have given him the chance to resurrect that partnership with Spearing we’ve all be craving for.

Excited James Milner GIF by Liverpool FC

Now a midfield of Adam Spearing and Milner would be too unfair on other teams.

The athletism they share would be off the scale.

Yes his last trial was Portsmouth

2 Likes
2 Likes

The word legend has been completely robbed of its meaning.

3 Likes

Unless like certain ex players (Diouf, Intandje) they have brought shame on the shirt then I think of all ex players as ‘Legends’. As long as they’ve tried and given their all then they deserve to turn out in what is basically a charity match.
My dream was to play for The Reds. Unfortunately I wasn’t good enough. I’d have given my health and later life to play on Anfield and do any single little thing that lead to a Reds victory. All of the players in yesterday’s game have played elsewhere over the years, but they’ve turned out and played as Reds Legends (some top notch Legends and some lesser Legends). They as a team have just beaten manure. If that doesn’t make them Legends in the eyes of Reds supporters then I don’t know what does?
:nerd_face:

8 Likes

Arthur will play in this one day.

1 Like

Well done Cinema Popcorn! Tidy finish.

Plot twist: for Utd.

[X Files music]

1 Like

Barcelona have published their annual figures.

They still own us €14m for Coutinho.

1 Like

Not us. Some third-party agent.

2 Likes

Will name that A-List celebrity as a kid with John Barnes in one… ?

Damian Lewis

3 Likes

Michael Owen on wanting to re-sign for Liverpool:

“When I was leaving Real Madrid, I spoke to Liverpool, they wanted to buy me back, they put in a bid of £10 million. So they’d sold me for £8m and put in a bid of £10m, I thought, I’m there, I’m going to go home.”

“The [Real Madrid] president knocks at my hotel room before a pre-season game and says listen ‘we’ve had a bid from an English team, how are you feeling?’ I said I’d prefer to go back now, I’ve had a great experience, but I’d prefer to go back now, thinking it’s Liverpool.”

“He said ‘Okay well, it’s Newcastle’ and I was like what? I was told obviously by Liverpool that they were going to put in a bid, so I just assumed it was them. So I was like oh no, I will go back to Liverpool but no I’m not going…I’m not going anywhere else.”

“He said Newcastle bid £16m, if Liverpool do that, you can go there. But if not, you either stay here or go to Newcastle. I spoke to Liverpool again, I said if you just go to £12m, I’ll hold my nerve and force them into a corner, to either keep me or go [to Liverpool].”

“But Liverpool said they can only go to £10m, so then I had a big decision to make. I spoke to Newcastle and they agreed that if I signed for them, I can do one year and then they will sell me to Liverpool for an agreed fee of £12m.”

“Then if I do another year, then they’ll sell me to Liverpool for £8m, and another year for £4m. So every year, it would be more attractive for Liverpool to buy me back.”

"The mad thing is, is that I was hopefully going to be going back for £12m. I did my knee, so then Liverpool bought Torres and Suarez, and it just never happened. It was brilliant [playing for Newcastle] but I just wanted to play for Liverpool. That was the only problem.”

2 Likes

Fuck him

3 Likes

Is his Ambassador role up for renewal?

More Manc than Scouse

Nice 10m saved then

4 Likes
3 Likes