Former players and managers - general discussion

3 Likes

Agreed. I suppose I’m saying that the pitches and reffing back then made it harder for the best players to show the silky skills to the extend they do today; the corollary is that the best today wouldn’t have the same opportunities to shine as they did back then.

1 Like

Funny how some things stick with you, but this goal was featured prominantly in the Race for the Title 83-84 VHS I had as a kid so even from the thumbnail I knew which goal that was and that it was the one that brought him to 100 liverpoool league goals and that odd record.

The second video of the FA cup semi was the day that our future CB Mark Wright picked up a bad injury that made him miss the 86 world cup.

2 Likes
7 Likes

He looking very cool in his Star Trek uniform
Well Done Sadio :+1:

6 Likes

Congratulations Sadio, proud of you.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. He is missed

3 Likes

Gerrard Sacked.

Looks to be the case with a statement probably not being released until the morning, don’t think anyone can say they didn’t see it coming.

Said it before he took the job it would be a mistake to leave Rangers this soon.

3 Likes

I agree, should have done a longer stint. Learnt how to evolve a team, etc.

1 Like

Question is will he get another PL chance like fwank? Not sure he will but I hope he’s prepared to drop into the championship and show he can bring a side up and then rebuild a reputation. Not sure he’s the sort to try coaching overseas so will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Almost certainly cannot now even be considered to replace Klopp - unless Jurgen stays around a lot longer than anyone expects.

1 Like
3 Likes
5 Likes

Fucking wife-beating prick.

2 Likes

Get off that fence.

1 Like

Interesting stuff.

I’m curious to know if Beale has basic knowledge of Portuguese, since he has worked in Brazil for a period.

4 Likes

Maybe they are expanding their scouting to say Spain.

I’m positive I read that help with the language was a big driver for him wanting to go. Doesnt mean he picked up much or retained it upon coming back, but I’d be surprised if he wasnt up to a decent level around the Wolves players pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Beale rejected Wolves and is staying at QPR.

1 Like