Former players and managers - general discussion

It wasnt an insipid performance. As has been mentioned by others already, it was a much better performance than the supposed strongest side put out against them at Anfield a few weeks previous. If anything that is the biggest indictment against Rodgers.

I was referring to the Chelsea game that followed. Not the reverse home fixture with Madrid.

Yeah, too much has been made of that decision not to start Gerrard. He couldn’t start due to a niggle at the Bernabeu in 2009. But the team comes first. We had a lot of games, so what. But it’s become like a symbol when Rodgers finally lost the whole thing. We had other, much deeper issues. The decision is nowhere near as surprising as perhaps Rafa’s team selection for Istanbul.

40 years ago seems like 10.

5 Likes

and Southall was a good goalkeeper at the time
He never missed many opportunities Rush when he got into his stride eh

3 Likes

I was in the park end that day. We went for a pint in the Derry social club before the game. There was an old fella checking memberships on the way in and charging a couple of bob for non members to enter. We had a couple of pints and left to go to the match in high spirits. The old fella says " I don’t know what you lot are happy about? You’re getting beat today". My Nephew replied “you’re jokin arent yer. We’ll batter yous 5-0”. We normally went straight home after the game, but made an exception that day and went back to the Derry for a post match pint. :joy::nerd_face:

6 Likes

3 Likes

Dancing is part of the Royal protocol.

All hail King Ragnar.

3 Likes

Wasn’t he like that in our penalty area chasing after the ball :0)
Give the lad a 10 will ya judges
 He is one of us

3 Likes

I can’t remember watching him in a game.

Of course I will have seen one, I know he played for us but my memory of him beyond being a player for us is gone.

1 Like

All I remember is a last minute game winner away at Burnley and a dodgy penalty he gave away for a hand ball against someone but cannot remember who. In doing a bit of a search to try to remember who that was against I saw his stats and realized he played a fair bit more for us than I remember (20 games a season for 2 years)

3 Likes

Ah yeah that Burnley game I remember following that on the official as it wasn’t televised.

Sure he is a decent bloke but yeah forgettable.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

8 Likes
7 Likes

Lovren’ vid., is brilliant, just for the banter and thanks for sharing. Can’t stop laughing coz’ it kinda reminds me of OFAH, sense of humour

1 Like

The evolution.

6 Likes

Interesting to see the evolution of the Liver bird. The post war ones are much more closely modelled on the Liver Building.

5 Likes

In 1940 the Liver Bird has not yet spread its wings - looks more like the heron that keeps nicking the fish out of my pond
 :0)

2 Likes