Former players and managers - general discussion

Cant believe we dont have a Fowler thread so sticking this here.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1659559538452844547?s=20

I don’t know there is another goal that illustrates as well how much the common focus on Fowler’s finishing actually diminishes how good an overall player he was.

4 Likes

I like the loop flick vs Brann in 97 (?). Bergkamp-esque.

3 Likes

These are my favourites… Fowler could strike a ball with his left foot and the ball would go exactly where he intended it to go…
Makes Schmeichel look like a schoolboy goalkeeper…
Makes Neville look like the shit full back he was…

5 Likes

Prime Fowler was a monster of a player! Deceptively strong, quick, tremendous power on his shots and his famous accuracy.

2 Likes

What is it with 90s football clips that they look like they were shot on some bloke’s dodgy cam from the car boot.

Noticed this a lot, look at the 80s stuff it’s far easier to watch. Sky must have been partly the reason as the World Cup of that era still looks ok, I assume there was some forward movement on tech that TV’s then overcame and made this kind of footage look poor but I can’t really put my finger on it.

3 Likes

Resolution, DPI

1 Like

David Martin released by MK Dons
Joe Hardy released by Accrington Stanley
Matty Virtue released by Blackpool

2 Likes

I was just a little concerned when I heard this given his heart problems over the years. :thinking:

4 Likes

Craig Lindfield released by Colwyn Bay
Steven Caulker released by Wigan

1 Like

Incredible how similar that chip is to Bobby’s goal against City. Almost a carbon copy over 20 years later.

I remember just after that City game someone putting the clips side by side and they were almost identical. :+1::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Brad Jones released by Perth Glory

1 Like
8 Likes

Had the pleasure of meeting him in Oslo after Aus played Norway a few years ago - one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet.

2 Likes

Up there with Stewart Downing in how did they every play for Liverpool.

He had some personal/family tragedy, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Yeah, his son was diagnosed with lukemia days before the 2010 World Cup so was pulled out of the squad, he then sadly died towards the end of 2011 I think (it might have been 2012 I can’t remember for sure)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Is that not the same club that sacked Igor The Almighty for having the ordacity to win a League/Cup double as well?

Spot on.

When Igor was sacked the owner of Nk Olimpija was shady exPortsmouth & Leicester City owner that goes by the name Milan Mandaric. After sacking of Igor in 2018 Mandaric sacked 10 more managers until he sold Nk Olimpija to some unknown German businessman who knows fuck all about football. So he took some even more corrupt Balkan cunts onboard to run footballing side of things.

As you perhaps know Riera hung his boots in Slovenia. And his agent is still somewhat present here. He offered Albert to mentioned Balkan “experts”. Albert presented himself brilliantly and they made him a manager. They didn’t know anything about him. Where was he working as an assistant manager where was he playing. Nothing. Complete lottery appointing him.

He brought a fresh modern European type of attacking football into our farmers league. Won everything in his first year with relative ease. Players loved him. He showed everybody that decent football can be played even with minimal spending and fundings. Most players who were brought in were without contract.

Owner wanted Albert to earn his paycheck via percentages of sold players. Afterwards Albert simply left and sent them to hell.

7 Likes