9 Likes

Smicerā€¦

TRIES HIS LUCK AND SCORESā€¦

3-2,

what do you know about this?

thanks for the memories

Happy Birthday Vladimar,

2 Likes

Liverpool FC star Craig Johnston: ā€˜Jack Charlton said I was the worst player everā€™ - BBC News

What a remarkable story he tells here

There is a picture of a young Souness alsoā€¦ I think :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

When that went in I started to believe.

Letā€™s face it, it was Vladmir Smicer :joy::wink:

Real grit.

1 Like

Gary Mackay-Steven released by Hearts

2 Likes

Champagne Charlieā€¦ :0)

2 Likes

Memoriesā€¦

https://twitter.com/cf_compss/status/1662090859423100928?s=46&t=-NYU8Cb1s6NLuvArzKoYcQ

2 Likes

watching that video, makes me realize just how lucky we were to have all three of those players here at their prime. absolutely sublime, and saddens me at the same time that era has drawn to a close.

5 Likes

I feel extremely lucky, I donā€™t think weā€™ll see three players who are that good together again.

2 Likes

weā€™ve had it twice. SAS wasnā€™t too shabby either but Sterling wasnā€™t nearly as good as Mane was

And yet neither of them will ever compare to the holy trinity of Rushie, Sir King Kenny and Barnes

think you got your dates mixed up, amigo. Barnes signed in 1987, when Dalglish was primarily a manager. only played two games in the 1987/88 season. Rush wasnā€™t playing that season.

I had to look this up to confirm.

88-89 Season, Kenny had 2 appearance, Rush had re-joined for 30 appearances and Barnes had 43.

3 Likes

Damn, I swear I remember seeing them rip the league apart.

Must have been a pleasant dream that one :rofl:

John Aldridge is unfairly overlooked.

4 Likes

Nice man bagā€¦ sorted

Scottish Hardman?

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/sampdoria-footballer-graeme-souness-with-his-wife-danielle-news-photo/1010311892

1 Like

What really saddens me is that they should have had two more PL titles and possibly another CL (probably the Ramos one if the ref knew what to do).

5 Likes

Weird to see Henderson being part of that universe as well.

Barnes Beardsley and Aldridge was a great combo.

Aldridge was one of the best players for being in the right place at the right time. Not necessarily the most skilled but just having that knack of finding that one spot to get a clean shot. Itā€™s a pity he was around at the same time as Rushie as he would have had a good few years with us.

8 Likes