Former players and managers - general discussion

I have always wondered what Bruce Grobbelaar moved onto after his football career finished :0)

Naked decorator sparks chaos as ‘giggling’ cops are called to woman’s house

Naturist Bruce Grobbelaar was 26ft up a ladder in nothing but his birthday suit, outside Maria Goodey’s house in Middleton when the ‘giggling’ officer arrived and asked him to get dressed

Members of Greater Manchester Police were left in stitches after they rocked up to a house to find a man completely naked.

The cheeky decorator, Bruce Grobbelaar, was perched 26ft high on a ladder painting his friend’s house in nothing but his boots when the officers turned up, all because of a tip-off from locals.

Maria Goodey, the homeowner and Bruce’s pal, had already given the neighbours a heads-up with a note that read ‘please be kind’, hinting at her friend’s penchant for nude decorating. But as Bruce heard the hum of a car he clocked a police vehicle and knew the game was up.

Once he’d made his way down, Bruce, a self-proclaimed naturist, assured the officer that Maria was fine with his birthday suit brushwork. Bruce said: "One female officer came out. It was an electric car so it sounded a bit strange, I looked round and saw that it was a police car.

“She pulled in and I thought ‘well I’m not going to stay on the ladder so she has to get out of the car and look up at me, I’ll come down the ladder and meet her at the bottom’. She got out of her car, giggling to herself and she said 'do you have any idea why I’m here? '.”

“I said, ‘well I’ve got a good idea’ and we were giggling. I said ‘I’m just painting, I’m a naturist’ and gave her the spiel of ‘it’s not illegal to be naked in public and I’ve got the permission of the owner’.”,

“She just went ‘no problem at all, I hope you have a happy day painting’ and off she went and that was that. I’ve now got the most famous builder’s bum in the North West.”

Maria added: "The top and bottom of it is I didn’t want him getting any grief. I wrote something out for every neighbour and posted it through the letterbox. I just felt it was the right thing to do.

"Bruce is lovely and he has an absolute heart of gold and I know he doesn’t deserve the backlash. I caused a bit of a stir, there were a few photographs going round.

“As far as I’m aware, because people knew what was happening, nobody had anything bad [to say] and we gather that the person who reported him to the police wasn’t actually a neighbour. He’s done a fantastic job, I highly recommend him.”

3 Likes

Adam Lewis one of 15 new signings announced by Morecambe today.

1 Like

They need to harvest those cockles somehow.

1 Like

Adam Morgan has signed for City of Liverpool.

1 Like

Edvard Tagseth started for Rosenborg today as they beat Manchester United 1-0.

5 Likes

Judging by his insta Kevin Stewart has become one of those self-help/fitness gurus :grimacing:

2 Likes

You are still following him :grimacing:

Sweetie likes to keep informed about all LFC players; past, present, future, and as yet unborn.

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

How else would I know what they are up to?! He’s on some grifter shit though, hope he avoids getting into dating “advice” but I can see it coming…

Back on the golf course just a few weeks after leaving hospital - looking good eh :+1:

5 Likes

When your liverpool career was so meh the best highlight to share is one of an appearance in a “legends” game
https://x.com/LFC/status/1814225666684186865

2 Likes
7 Likes

One of the most complete hattricks you’ll see

Goal 1 - Carroll
Goal 2 - Owen
Goal 3 - Suarez

https://x.com/LFC/status/1814590570850816211

4 Likes

Great feet for the third goal there.

1 Like

FIFY, ©️Football clichés

5 Likes

I’ve just had to explain the concept of “Full Kit Wanker” to my neighbours’ son, who isn’t old enough to wank.

I need a drink.

8 Likes

Can’t really call a child a full kit wanker.

2 Likes

I can.

Especially when it’s an England kit, with “Bellingham 10” on the back.

1 Like

Are you prepared to pay for a lifetime of therapy for the kid?