Forum team/mods/admins

It’s a sensible feature to stop spammers but perhaps it needs to be 4 consecutive posts over a certain defined timeframe. 1 day?

1 Like

It’s the spam filters.

There are several layers of control designed to prevent the site being abused. If someone does get in the damage done is minimal.

Some are basic filters (duplicate content, how many seconds between posts, how many posts in a row)

Some of the filtering is more intelligent. For example if you wrote “hot singles in your area” or “p0rn” using a zero, or “you won’t believe what happened next” the system flags this automatically as potential spam, calculating odds poster is a real person (in context of your other posts), number of posts made, how long they have been a poster etc

Its a pretty sophiscated algorithm.

Generally though <5 posts in a row is a fairly sensible amount. This was already bumped up from the original <3. These numbers from memory also increase with member level.

It’s also designed to stop users treating the forum like chat (whic we do in match day, but that’s a bit different). A bit like the 10 character limit. No one wants multiple 1 line posts. It decreases standards.

It limits someone if they go over the deep end in anger or frustration or over dominating threads. Hopefully forum should be discussion rather simply twitter like projection.

I will look into seeing if I can add a time exemption between consecutive posts. Not sure I can. But it’s a good idea.

5 Likes

:point_up_2: aka Anti @Alright_Now features. I like this forum even more now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I know it’s somewhat distasteful and the practice was discontinued as far back as TIA but could we do a Banned Users thread like we used to have. It’s seriously not a gloating thing but just to know where people have gone to. Unfortunately people will get banned and sometimes they’re not returning banned posters or turned into arseholes overnight. Would just help keep some clarity as to what’s happened in our preferred online community.

3 Likes

What could have prompted this post? :thinking:

This bit as well @Mascot

kind of fucking wanker you are

:rofl:

Wow!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I only meant the ‘gonna get banned’ thing!

Honestly, in all my time on TIA and TAN. I’ve never seen a lad be so obviously going to end up banned.

2 Likes

It was incredible. I saw @wyld.at.hrt suggested he was Big Boyd on TIA, is that right? I said to @ZinedineBiscan a while back I thought DioufGates was HFT. Dunno. Turn my face into hamburger :rofl: :rofl:

I mentioned that to the other mods, but upon checking his IP it didn’t tally with the known location of HFT, though I’d be surprised if it wasn’t one of the banned lads from TIA.

1 Like

Yeh, I know this will be hard to believe but normally that level of animosity towards me doesn’t just happen overnight! :wink:

Maybe DioufGates is… ElHadj’s Brother… :crazy_face:

…and Kopstar is really Steven Gerard in disguise… :rofl:

Its like Ronseal, the name Dioufgates, did exactly as it said on the tin. You just cannot successfully parody El Hadj Duff.

Dioufgates were edgy and tries to provoke at times but I certainly did not see the tirade that he flew into. Hope he can find peace within himself

3 Likes
2 Likes

HaHaHa… I Knew It… :+1:

1 Like

Does anyone know who Samantha Quek’s husband/partner is? Just saying…

4 Likes

I thought it pretty obvious that he was Big Noyd, no?
I think that whole election cycle was just too much for him. Seemed like a decent guy before.

4 Likes

I am pretty sure that is correct. I guess a lot of anger and frustration is in his life, and it is spilling over everywhere. We took no joy in it, and indeed I had wanted to try to work with him to rein it in. But too many lines were crossed yesterday.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, a couple of posters on here know what my wife looks like and Quek looks a lot like her but isn’t as hot. I’m punching WAAAYYY above my weight.

1 Like

Fixed it for you…

5 Likes

Fecking hell…

If @Kopstar is really Stevie G, I am not sure the Rangers board would be satisfied he is giving the job his full attention…

2 Likes