Forum Update May 2024

Reported.

@ISMF hope your wife is ok.

Have to say that the site isn’t working on my IPhone browser as good as it has been before the update.

Will wait to see how it will be after the second part of the update.

Hope the Christmas theme will be available again.

As well
Sounds like @cynicaloldgit isn’t working as well either!

1 Like

He’s not a native speaker of English to be fair (the clue’s in the name).
German speakers have a lot of trouble with adjectives and adverbs in English as the rules are different in German.

1 Like

Yeah wasn’t having a go at GermanRed. FFS I can just manage English, let alone a second/third/fourth language. I have nothing but respect for anyone who can communicate effectively in multiple languages. It was really a jibe at the grammar pedant not being straight onto it.

1 Like

As a born and bred English man, I have to say that the quality of English on here from our Liverpool fan friends for whom English is a second (or third fourth fifth) language is nothing short of staggeringly good. Often better than the bilge I post, granted that’s not tricky……

2 Likes

I am in Valencia since Monday. Slithly drunk 24/7 and hit by the sun. I don’t think I have a good command of any language at the moment.

5 Likes

Any fireworks? Valencia is my second home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just keep your buttocks clenched!

1 Like

Home come?
My third time here. I like it too.

What’s your first home?

I think there will be some fireworks over the weekend.

I have an entertaining video somewhere,….

1 Like

Turn of phrase. I go every year for the stupendous Las Fallas festival. I know Valencia VERY well :slight_smile: Arrested twice this year which was fun.

3 Likes

:laughing:

Twice a year - pffff!
My wife puts me in handcuffs at least once a week

3 Likes

Sorry for it taking some time. Had to support family recently (my wife was diagnosed with cancer, and it was a double whammy as she was pregnant at the time). So been a rough few months.

The good news her ops have gone well, her mental health is in a much better place and life is returning back to normal (hopefully in 3 months time she gets the all clear).

I also didn’t want to mess around too much during the Euros (a bit here and there). As if it went wrong it could be a full day getting it back up.

Now the Euros is over, and I have a bit more time. Tomorrow (Sunday) I am going to try finalise updates. There will likely be some disruption. Hopefully some new features! :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Wish you all the best. Don’t worry about the forum, everything seems to be fine.
:+1:t3:

5 Likes

No worries about the updates mate, the forum is still kicking along without any issues.

Your family is more important so take as much time as you need

3 Likes

Forums should be the least of your worries now. I’m sending all the best to you and your family, health should come first.

8 Likes

:thinking: :astonished:

1 Like

It’s been amended. :slight_smile:

1 Like