Fulham vs Liverpool: League Cup Semifinals, second-leg; January 24, 20:00 GMT

Expecting a youngish starting XI. 2-0 up (4-1 agg) by 65th minute and then bring in the likes of Robbo and Dom to get some match fitness. Can’t see TAA featuring in this game.

Firstly, have you seen our games against Fulham this season? They have hardly been strolls in the park.
Secondly, there is no indication that Trent or Dom will be ready for this game. Robbo will probably be on the bench.

2 Likes

Which is why we will not start either Robbo or Dom. Keep the existing team that can grind out results. Then bring in the two I mentioned. Robbo to give Gomes some much needed rest and Dom for Alexis. VvD/Konate/Quansah to rotate and the forward line more or less guaranteed

Maybe you missed Pep’s press conference. Dom and Trent are not available for this match, so we won’t be bringing either of them on at any point.

It would be great if we are three goals ahead in the tie with half an hour to go, but nothing about our recent games against Fulham suggests that this will be the case.

2 Likes

I’m picturing…

Kelleher
Bradley Konate vDijk Gomez
Elliott Mac Allister Jones
Jota Nunez Diaz

Then something like this for Norwich…

Kelleher
Gomez Konate Quansah Robertson
Elliott Mac Allister Gravenberch
Gordon Gakpo Diaz

Almost spot on. Alison will play in the FA Cup games and Nunez should start.

Near enough I think.
An early Nunez goal will finish any fight in them…

I think Robbo will be eased in after a long lay-off, so he probably doesn’t start against Norwich yet. Maybe about 10 minutes today and 30 on Sunday (I would say Beck could start on Sunday since he was recalled). And then Robbo starts v. Chelsea.

1 Like

I think it’s really important that Gomez sits out Norwich, as we’ll need him for Chelsea, and he can’t do three in a week.

I also think given the history of Ibou breaking down, Quansah will play both these and Konate and Virgil get 90mins out the 180.

Yeah, Gomez tonight and Bradley against Norwich.

Huh?

Bradley will definitely play tonight at right back and presumably JoGo on the left.

For Norwich there should be more options with Robbo and Beck available.

3 Likes

It’s fucking match day baaaaaaaybehhhhhhhh.

Remember to book them Wembley tickets tonight!!

sacha baron cohen party hard GIF

2 Likes

Cup semi final and its 7 hours since we talked about it…
Obviously we can’t be complacent, Fulham will feel they have troubled us a couple of times.
But its there to win, and a cup final.
I know this trophy is often derided and only really matters if you have a chance of winning it.
But fuck it!
Lets go.

1 Like

Only by entitled idiots.

3 Likes

Going home early from work to watch this, get in!

I expect a tough game. Fulham are a decent side, they are at home, and they will give it their all to try to make the final.

On our end I expect a strong side, though I have to say that in Kelleher it’s a big step down from Alisson. Still, fair enough that the no.2 gets the nod, and hopefully Kevin has a good game.

I think the Norwich game is a bigger chance to rotate, as well as to start to ease a couple of regulars back in as they come back from injury.

1 Like

A decent streaming link would be much appreciated :blush:

1 Like

When the match begins I will send you one if I find a good and stable one.

1 Like

How do you stay awake? It’ll be 2100 when it starts here and I’m not sure if I’ll make it to the end… I have a 545 start usually so by Thursday it getting to be a bit late by half time… age is terrible! Or age and responsibility…

2 Likes

As for the match, I would have liked a bigger margin from home since Fulham have been very strong at home. Also a different team, playing differently, to Bournemouth so we can’t use everything from that game.
But if we are at the horses and play anything like against Bournemouth second half, it will be a comfortable win. I for one, would like an early title. It is the least of the titles, true, but it is a title and a celebration and Liverpool under Klopp thrives on good vibes and form. There are mostly only positives in going to Wembley and playing another game and when (if) we win, that can catapult us to greater heights. Psychology is after all part of sports.

If you can’t in good conscience watch, replays are easy to find :slight_smile:
I couldn’t watch the Bournemouth game myself live :slight_smile: But when I saw 4-0, I did indeed watch the game 2 days after. It was quite pleasant too. No stress, very relexing :smiley: