General world politics chat

Eh!! are you well?
I didn’t start the better or league table. Can you not read?

Didn’t realize the topic extended this far. I note that Flobs didn’t give a rebuttal to my last raised points.

That said , People get to be very picky if their country is picked out on. My intent was just to show that Brit Colonialism of India wasn’t as bad as the French Colonialism of Africa or Belgian rule of Congo

Even today senior French diplomats/administrators often bristle at being named a 'colonial power’s - especially with respect to the Pacific. It’s actually an amusing way to wind them up if you wish.

So, let me get this right. In my post I suggested that your comments are usually mocking of the original poster and short of intellectual debate and this is your response? Really….:man_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes
1 Like

“The operational arena in the invisible dome above us is built on defensive capabilities and offensive capabilities, and what the foreign media tends to call ‘other capabilities.’ These other capabilities keep us alive and will keep us alive so long as we and our children are here,” Lapid said.

This is an odd statement on a number of levels.

considering the Russian view on Jews in Ukraine…is it really? with the Iran/Syria/Russia alignment, it’s really not surprising to be shaking tailfeathers a bit…

wow, some big shit going on today. power plays, for sure.

The end of nation states? Eric Hobsbawm would have been pleased.

1 Like

Pelosi landed a few hours ago.

yes, this story usurped much of my ukraine updates on my twitter lists. Chinese military definitely shook the rust off on some preparedness to show it’s might. don’t think they’re messing around.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1554241961938272256?t=b94vAGwqXA6GxA7dbJKdUA&s=19

3 Likes

Interesting how little traction the al-Zawahri killing has received.

That in itself I think is interesting - it seems we have now firmly closed the book in the 2000s era focus of non-nation state actors. But what has to be relevant is this action was capable despite us pulling out of Afghanistan, something the critics of the move said was not likely, but the fact he seems to have been housed by Taliban leaders, in clear violation of the Doha agreement that led to our withdrawal is a real can of worms.

1 Like

We need to shun everything china and return her to the pariah that she was before 1970. Fuck the CCP and fuck pooh bear.

1 Like

Easier said than done. Enabling China to this extent to become a world player has been one of the biggest mistakes of the world

1 Like

How exactly could that have been stopped?

That’s because Zawahiri has become a non entity. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a case of Elements within Taliban themselves revealing this information to the Americans and then the USA choosing the right time to make the move.