Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Yes ARD you have make some good points re the comparison.
Still think McManaman could have brought some money into the club at a time when we needed it.
If the club do let Gini go on a free transfer, and it is still not certain, as of todays date, that they won’t get any fee for him, but maybe as in any business, an annual depreciation aspect comes into play when measured against its assets, and the original contract he signed at inception, may well have taken into account of this exact same scenario that is unfolding at present.
Maybe, just maybe the club feel he owes them nothing, and allowing him to leave on a free to command higher wages elsewhere because of it, is a generous gesture by the club as a final farewell thank you.

1 Like

Here all of us debating the whys and wherefores and he probably just wants a change, more than likely the Catalan scum. I thought Gini was a smart guy though to not be able to see how much of a cunt Koeman is.

3 Likes

If he was to sign a new contract with the intention of leaving he would only fuck over his future club as they’d have to fork out a massive fee (one they might not be able to afford), probably pay him less in wages as a result and add a tonne of pressure to his transfer being the new big money signing. If he’s going for a last big pay day leaving on a free not only entitles him to a major sign on bonus, but a much stronger hand at the negotiating table and a lot less pressure that comes with the ‘free transfer’ tag. Either way good luck to him. He deserves it. His service to this club has been immeasurable.

6 Likes

None of that explains why it should be seen as a positive thing for our club, from a “what is in LFC’s best intetests” point of view. He’s doing what’s best for him, it’s completely understandable. But it’s bad for LFC. No matter how much I like Gini as a person and a professional what he’s done on the pitch for us, great as it’s been, doesn’t compensate losing an important player who is an expensive asset probably worth well over £30m on the open market. It’s the equivalent of saying he has been worth more than £200k a week wages whilst he’s been here possibly over £300k a week wages. That’s the financial cost to LFC of a player worth that much leaving for nothing after 4 years when he’s worth somewhere between £30-50m. He hasn’t earned that kind of financial commitment from us in exchange for him getting a better payday elsewhere when he leaves us. Whilst we are left with the task of replacing him with no contribution left towards that.

1 Like

Can anyone estimate a range of signing on fee he might expect ?

1 Like

Not true.

He has played 14,357 passes.

14,356 of them sideways.

:smirk:

9 Likes

If you must post up stats at least attribute the stats to the correct player.
Hendo would be mortified seeing his achievements given to someone else :smirk:

3 Likes

If the club was worried about the £30m they would have flogged him off this past window. Imo he’s proven to be worth even more than that to us this season anyway considering injuries and his ever presence in the side. If a player is going to leave at the end of their contract that is their right but you still want them to be professional and not have their head turned already or just stop putting in effort or faking injuries etc. There’s been none of that from Gini, he’s been a warrior the whole time. He’s the complete opposite of an Ozil just sitting collecting cheques till his contract expires. Plus look at the mess Pogba’s agent caused and he still has more time on his contract. You can choose to see it as the club missed out on a fee, or you can see it as a legend who gave his all for the club till the very last day of his contract. Hopefully with another league and CL medal to boot. Besides we already signed Thiago. That’s already softened the blow. By next season he will be in full flight and tearing up the league.

6 Likes

This is a rehash of the Emre Can thread on the old TIA.

Gini is an important and appreciated player. If he wants to go somewhere else, that is entirely up to him, Best wishes. He’ll leave as a genuine part of LFC history. If he stays, then even better.

Now of course there is a genuine conversation to be had about club policy with regards to transfer/contract situations. But this conversation should be grounded in reality.

“He should’ve done this or that”…sometimes I feel like there are grown adults writing in this forum spitting their dummy out. Maybe reading up on game theory would help see situations from all aspects rather than just from one rose tinted view.

1 Like

Fuck, on FM i offered him a new contract on higher wages, he accepted, now i tried to sell him a season later, nobody wants to buy him even at 25mil and me paying 20k of wages cos the clubs don’t think they can afford his wages. So for those who think that is better, I have just tried it on FM, doesn’t work.

:expressionless:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Read a few times now that he is a contender for our player of the year.

Not sure if I agree on that but just looking at his availability in this special year he would deserve it.

Yesterday was his best game in 2020 for us IMO.

4 Likes

Curtis Jones - he can do the job that Gini does if he keeps going the way he’s going.

Obviously I’d rather Gini signs on for another couple of seasons, but if he doesn’t, I’m okay about it.

3 Likes

To be fair if the reason for him heading to Barca would be Koeman, then he won’t be ending up there.

6 Likes

Eh Edwards, get this done dyu hear, if you’re so fly. One of the best MFs in the world going spare; will play to 36yrs and be an Anfield legend. He lost the ball once all night!!!

7 Likes

I do like Ronald Koeman being at Barca as my son supports them,it’s painful for him and i enjoy rubbing salt in it big time.

5 Likes

I sincerely hope he doesn’t go to Barcelona, it’s a poison chalice.

He will be a great fit and a good asset at Juventus :face_vomiting: and Bayern :exploding_head:.

1 Like
5 Likes

There are two people missing from that “team” photo, Ali I can understand, but who’s the other player that’s not considered part of the team by Gini.

And why’s Trent walking away? Having another hissy fit?

It seems like the missing player is Matip. Is he being singled out because of his injury record?

It also looks like Hendo, Fab and Robbo have just finished shouting at Taki, what’s going on there, the guy had a decent game.

1 Like

I love you Gini. Please don’t go. :heart:

4 Likes