Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Feeling sentimental. Watch this with the sound WAY up.

Gini’s reaction, priceless.

And listen to Anfield. :heart::sob:

9 Likes

Learning about Decision Trees in Machine Learning, and one of the big metrics used to determine accuracy of a model is called…“Gini.”

3 Likes

I think it was about the time where Klopp told him he needs to give more before he can start.

2 Likes

Yes! It was Angry Gini. He even admitted post match he was “a little pissed off at the manager”.

Sort of related, I was rewatching our CL final v Real the other week and Sadio played REALLY angry after Ramos shithousery on Mo.

1 Like

But that can’t be right. They hate each other, don’t they?

2 Likes

He knew Salah would be first to the post-game snacks and was fuming.

3 Likes

This is possibly my all time favourite Liverpool goal, certainly top 3. Anfield absolutely erupted when that went in. I had such a good view of it too, knew it was in from the moment it left his head.

I much prefer BT’s commentary of the goal personally, the main selling point being the absence of Martin Tyler.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gerrard8FanPage/status/1258046342426959872

3 Likes

Damn that would be a hard thing for me to sort in my head.

Top 3 Liverpool goals? Shit.

Just the last five years I’ve got that Wijnaldum header, Salah’s rocket against Chelsea (the moment I first felt we were going to win the league), Fabinho’s against Man City, Oxlade-Chamberlain against City in the Champions League, Mane’s against Bayern Munich, Henderson against Chelsea, Sturridge against Chelsea (haha, I hate Chelsea), Origi’s against Everton, Origi’s against Tottenham, Origi’s 2nd against Barcelona, Lovren against Dortmund in the Europa, Coutinho’s against United in the Europa, Firmino did something against Villarreal as well - did he score or assist after he turned their defender inside out?

2 Likes

Sturridge vs. Sevilla was better than vs. Villarreal.

Such a same we didn’t win the final.

5 Likes

Cant remember. I do remember him embarrassing a defender by the byline but I don’t think it lead to an assist. That Villareal game is one of Firmino’s best ever performances for Liverpool.

In the last 5 years Mane’s 95th minute winner at Goodison just before Christmas would be in my top 3, absolutely devastating for them :rofl:

3 Likes

You’re right about Firmino - hah, it was so good I’ve remembered it as if it was a goal…when actually it led to a shot scuffed wide for a goal kick :rofl:

4 Likes

Ah fucking hell, look who’s at the scene of the crime!

Alberto almost lost that tie for us by pushing over one of their players in the box which we luckily got away with. And also at fault for their goal in Spain.

What a player he is.

3 Likes

That’s not how you spell twat.

Monkey with a machine gun tattoo says it all.

Has Gini signed yet :disappointed:

3 Likes

I think @ILLOK meant the importance of a goal at Anfield (and the erruption), especially since he was there in person (I was, too!), perhaps not so much the quality of the goal?

And I agree, that Sturridge goal against Sevilla is one of the best in the history of all Liverpool finals. Defender can close him down a bit better, but what a shot, incredible. Outside swerve, real surprise element.

3 Likes

I much prefer BT’s commentary of the goal personally, the main selling point being the absence of Martin Tyler.

As commentaries go… turn the screen sound off
then listen to Steve Hunter lose it on LFC Audio when Gini scores…!
He is one of our own that also uttered my headstone famous phrase…

" Corner taken Quickly… ORIGIIIIIIIIIIIIIII…"

2 Likes

If I’m Gini right now, I’d be leaving this sinking ship for greener pastures. because he’s running his fucking bag off for nothing.

From believers into doubters.

3 Likes

To be honest he is hardly doing much himself and that Barca team isn’t in much better shape.

2 Likes

Sinking ship! Are you fucking serious?? I think some so called fans need to fuck off also.

10 Likes

Lol, it’s not like Barca is in good shape either.

3 Likes