Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

I dont think anyone has been good this season by which to set him apart. He’s been nowhere near the worst put it that way. Probably the best player this season has been Fabinho or Henderson, maybe Robertson, but they have all fallen short of their earlier form. Its turning into a write-off.

I disagree, I have been excellent this season… :sunglasses:

1 Like

What are you smokin over there! :sunglasses:

1 Like

You pinched @Scott.Jones stuff, didn’t you :wink:

2 Likes

The one person who looks like he also smiles with his eyes, ever present in the team but not consistent with his performances.

One of the main culprits who slows us down in transition, especially when not playing as the 6, but takes the initiative on other occasions to surge up the pitch score/create and take MOTM awards.

Valuable member of the squad but won’t be pulling my hair out if he leaves in the summer.

He really hasn’t a clue how to play in the correct direction in this team. He and Thiago were pathetic for much of the match with their 1 meter passes to each other, I mean what the fuck are they doing? Holding hands?

1 Like

Gini had a couple of great games, Spurs West Ham where he took the bull by the horns and helped us dominate, but the last 2 he has been poor and has looked shagged!

Anytime we have a chance to counter and the ball lands at Gini’s foot, I am like ‘Fuck It!’.

No offense to Gini, he is great at retaining the ball and recycling possession. But when the need is to penetrate the opposition midfield/backline with an incisive pass, I expect Gini to pass sideways with the ball eventually landing at our keepers feet.

2 Likes

At the moment opposition teams just leave him in acres of space. When he gets the ball he gallops up the pitch (the opposition just sit around waiting) he advances 10, 20 yards sees a defender scratching his arse turns and in 2 seconds the ball is at Allisons feet 20 yards forward 60 yards (or more backward). It’s telling that the opposition don’t even take him seriously!

1 Like

We need to accept the fact that Gini for Holland is a different player altogether compared to the Gini at Liverpool. Different team, competition, manager and tactics.

Here we need to accept he is very good player with minimal attacking capabilities. If he thinks that the grass is greener at Camp Nou, then so be it. I will more than happily take Jones starting from next season onwards.

2 Likes

I am watching the Barca game at the same time as Liverpool vs RBL, and have just realized that Gini doesn’t even come close to required skill levels for Barca diving.

2 Likes

or work rate for that matter :nerd_face:

1 Like

Has one successful tackle in the last 16 games. Really missing Fab as he’s not giving the backline enough protection in the 6 role

He will probably leave, he wants to be playing CL football next season.

2 Likes

What scares me is who else will want to be playing Champions League football aswell. Surely Ali, Salah, Sadio, Virgil will all want to be playing in the Champions League.

2 Likes

Calm down. Nobody will be able to afford them.

2 Likes

In that case, they had better all pull their fingers out.

Except Virgil, obviously.

5 Likes

I guess we should look on the bright side, at least nobody will want to buy Ox, Keita, Joe, Matip, Shaq, Origi, Mini, and you might as well add Bobby to that list. It’s just Gini that we can’t control.

1 Like

Gini Wijnaldum: “You don’t want to feel sorry for yourself and don’t want to go into the victim role.”

2 Likes

Have the feeling he will confirm his departure after Sheffield or our next win.

2 Likes