Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Agreed. And as vocal as I’ve been about wanting Gini to stay, I’m finally ready to let go. I will always love him but I’ve resigned myself to the fact he’s leaving. And it’s likely for the best. We are going to need a small reboot after this dreadful season concludes. I don’t think Gini staying would make that drastic a difference.

5 Likes

Hasn’t been tried at CB yet, maybe him and Fabinho will be a solid pairing. :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Actually, he was used as a CB by Klopp I think, in his early stages with us, during another injury crisis. He didn’t do too badly if I remember well.

1 Like

He played in a back 3 one game with lovren and Can I’m sure.

3 Likes

Really couldn’t care. Team needs a bit of an injection. He’s been good, not great, but good with some great contributions. At this point he’s regressed to when we asked ourselves what’s a Wijnaldum and even where is Wijnaldum. Too slow and too blunt in possession and offering little protection when not in possession.

3 Likes

Brighton away in 17/18. We won 1-5. Can, Lovren and Gini at CB in a 3 at the back system.

2 Likes

Quite, can’t really moan when they haven’t done anything since December to do about it.

2 Likes

I will miss you Wijnaldum, a lot. I hope you choose a destination worthy of you, and there aren’t many such places beyond Anfield. Fare well, where ever you fare.

1 Like

He is going to Barcelona. He’ll regret it.

Barca is like one of those American High Schools where the rich, popular girl rules the roost, and everyone has to be a complete sycophant to her, do her homework and constantly tell her she is amazing, or get ostracised.

Good luck with that, mate.

2 Likes

Good luck with messing with Wijnaldum :muscle:. But I think he will end up in Bayern or Juventus.

No offence mate but, 'kinell.

3 Likes

He’s had maybe 3 good games in 3 months. Credit in the bank certainly does a lot to keep people off your back.

He’s consistently one of the least involved players on the pitch. Not good enough.

5 Likes

Yeah.

Minute 17:20 - this donkey of a manager yesterday said that Wijnaldum is our most consistent player this season.

1 Like

Consistent as in same level? What level is that?

1 Like

He’s been consistently poor for ages, that’s not untrue.

He’s also said many good things about Thiago which you seem to ignore, and he picked Jota in Denmark which you went on about for months and months. Do you just pick and choose what suits?

If you think Gini is playing well, fair enough. Would like to hear what it is he’s doing well so I can look out for it.

6 Likes

To be honest my conviction that him moving on is a bad thing is starting to waiver. Opportunity to bring some freshness and new blood/energy into midfield.

1 Like

Correct. I just pick and chose what suits.

Gini Wijnaldum is proven at Liverpool. He stands for that high energetic football that made us so successful under Klopp. The football we are all missing.

Thiago is not proven at Liverpool. Since he arrived and since he returned from injury our football has gotten even worse. No goal. No assist. No energy. No physicality.

1 Like

Not really, the football was terrible against West Brom, Newcastle and Villa’s kids.

I know Wijnaldum’s reputation, given him plenty of praise over the years. What is he bringing to the side currently? Would love to know. It’s a job most games just to remember he’s playing.

5 Likes

That’s really not the case though. The things you are saying Gini brings are based on reputation and past performance not what he is actually bringing now.

You’re also seeing a circumstance (Thiago playing) and blaming it for something unrelated. Thiago playing isn’t the reason so many of our players performances have been getting worse and worse all season.

6 Likes

He’s no donkey, yes there’s things I question about him, I don’t have blind faith but he’s a good manager by and large just a few traits that I can and do criticise. His love of Gini certainly is one of his weak points imo I have never seen Gini as a player who can take the team forward and gets far too much praise from far too many including Klopp.

6 Likes