Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Keita would have to be on the pitch first to get a 2, not on the treatment table.

1 Like

If he feels that way, then yeah, I actually want him to go. But I donā€™t think itā€™s true. Between Gini and Mo there are also some levels. I understand though if we canā€™t give too much players the same deals going into their 30ā€™s. We have to be smart and Gini really isnā€™t anything special to make exceptions.

Heā€™s not an attacking midfielder for this level. Sorry, but Liverpool heā€™s been part of is not the Dutch league, Newcastle (scoring 4 goals at home vs Norwich of his 11 in total that season), or the national team where itā€™s slower tempo and/or half of the time against crap sides.

Heā€™s gone deeper and his role changed at Liverpool, there were some reasons for it. It actually raised his Liverpool importance in the last 3 years or so and made him more wanted on the market, with his contract also running out. Not creating/scoring goals.

Heā€™s 147(!) games without an assist from open play. What are we talking about? Realize what youā€™re good at and stick to it, also because youā€™re not young anymore and that might be your best chance to remain at the top level.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to get a 147 for over thirty years.

Gini does it without even trying.

6 Likes

I always thought Bayern or Juventus is his more likely destination.

Who cares?

Will have the same impact at Bayern as Thiago has here :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So his agent is going looking for suitors now?

Maybe Barca canā€™t or wonā€™t meet his wage demands now they donā€™t have ESL.

This could backfire for Gini quite spectacularly. Heā€™s a bit like a Ford Focus parked in a dealers lot with the same monthly repayments as the BMW and Mercedes parked either sideā€¦

Heā€™s a Ford Focus who thinks heā€™s a BMW or Mercedes and believes he deserves the repayments.

2 Likes

At least Thiago is a regular starter.

Wijnaldum will a sub at Bayern. Just a sub.

Iā€™m not bothered where he ends up

WTF is this animosity? Some of you are acting as if heā€™s a fraud stealing a living. Itā€™s not his fault that he starts every game while he is playing this badly.

3 Likes

He has to be a VW Golf at least - they never break down!

4 Likes

I owned a Golf for a number of yearsā€¦ sadly theyā€™re not as reliable as some would have you believe.

First On Rubbish Dump.

Wanting the same money as Salah and Virgil is crazy. Good luck to him where ever he goes.

4 Likes

Gini: ā€œI was not really busy with football when I was younger.ā€

You donā€™t say. :joy:

And hence he doesnā€™t let it go when he has it on the pitch now.

Where did you find that???

This thread has taken a particularly mean spirited tone, hasnā€™t it.

7 Likes

Just glad that he will be able to have his last game for us in front of fans.

5 Likes