Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

Criticise Gini all you want and yes, he should’ve scored the winner, but I think most people will see how much he was missed in midfield today. Jones doesn’t come anywhere near doing the job that Gini does, a different type of player entirely. Gini is very much under appreciated, but not by Klopp.

5 Likes

Got a rest today so expect more from him in midweek.

2 Likes

Yeah, if not anything else, he adds the much needed muscle and graft. Must have been really knackered, otherwise Klopp wouldn’t have started with such a lightweight midfield.

1 Like

I did not miss his constant back passing/holding up play at all.

3 Likes

Anybody else sees that he was not really interested in the Becker celebration? In his mind, he already said goodby to the club IMHO.

4 Likes

Yeah, noticed that. It seemed like an afterthought when he eventually did.

3 Likes

Anyone see did he hi 5 klopp at the end of game. :smiley:

1 Like

Is there any other nonsense we can dredge up to slaughter this lad?

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s been 6 months since he passed the ball to Virgil, so obviously there’s something wrong between the 2 of them :wink:

10 Likes

Now that he’s shit i’m not bothered if he leaves, being invisible means we won’t notice he’s gone.

6 Likes

Surely, just don’t count on me, there’s no point to repeating myself.
Oh wait!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdxd718WXg

2 Likes

Still think it’s strange that his departure has not yet been confirmed - maybe we see that today or tomorrow.

On the other hand our fight for Top4 is more important now and a confirmation could be a ‘distraction’.

1 Like

Some reports in Germany say that he is likely to sign for Bayern now.

1 Like

Bayern? On a freebie?

Nah…

2 Likes

Don’t care where he goes. Just want him to give his all in his last game for us.

2 Likes

Would only create needless headlines.

Unless in some “special” examples, it’s not how it’s done anyway. There will be plenty of time for announcements, thank yous and goodbyes.

He’ll get a well deserved round of applause with his song on Sunday.

5 Likes
5 Likes

I wonder what’s happening with Gini behind the scenes. It seems like he doesn’t have an offer from anyone at this point. Have the Reds decided to move on? Because soliciting offers for your client through the media is not the most inspiring look.

1 Like

I agree with this and thought the same thing. Very odd tactic IMO.

It was also just a few months back Gini said in an interview he’d be “devastated” to not play at this club anymore.

I am sad to see him go, but such is the cycles and evolution at football clubs. I get he can be maddening at times but I’ve always been a fan. Love him or hate him, he’s played a significant role in the “Klopp Era”.

4 Likes

I think we’ll miss him

5 Likes