Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

I think the criticism of Gini on here needs to stop now. Tomorrow, will very likely be his last game for the club, fortunately in front of fans. He’s been a magnificent servant during his time here and been a part of some wonderful, fantastic moments, which have provided us with unforgettable memories. He deserves a good send off.

8 Likes

He has been a more or less ever present in a side that has brought amazing success of the past 3-4 years

4 Likes

I’ll miss missing him on the pitch.

8 Likes

Gini has been awesome for us.

Hoped he’d stay, but I wish him nothing but the best wherever he goes.

YNWA

6 Likes

I don’t think there is any doubt he will get the recognition from our supporters.

Time is probably right for him to move on. Wish him all the best.

6 Likes

Klopp on Wijnaldum: “He is an architect of our success. We have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart.” https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1396075977252478978/photo/1

9 Likes

My view on Gini is he has been exceptional in general for us, at times frustrating but clearly doing what his manager asks… The unseen, dirty work and formed along with Hendo the engine room for our success.

I do though think he has become a very safe option for Klopp and him leaving will force us into refreshing the midfield which is looking a little bit jaded and out of ideas.

I wish him only my best and thank him for some glorious memories.

7 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQc9pSqJN6k

Gini Wijnaldum…
De, de, de, der, de, de…

3 Likes

I have to say I am extremely disappointed with this saga.
I kept saying in January we would know the invisible mans fate. I was wrong and that hurts. :cry: I think we deserve better than this, it feels cowardly to me that the Club, Klopp and Gini haven’t told us what, where if anything is happening in this saga.
I have more respect for Sterling, Cann and Coutinho as they were honest even if some of them were sneeky and in Coutinho’s case even lied (he must of told Klopp he was with us for the season then mid way through (because the grass is greener etc) did a volta face).
The communication from the club is really poor and seems to be getting worst. I hope this season is the worst we have ever had, get a grip FSG, LFC, Klopp and players!

As I said before he has been a good servant for the club and I wish him well, his performances haven’t been great this season but let’s leave out the bitterness.

That’s for the lot across Stanley Park

7 Likes

Gini has done a good job and been a big part of our success but I have never been a fan of his.

It is more his style of play than anything that grates me… neither great creatively, shooting-wise or in consistently controlling the midfield or defending our back 4.

He is great in possession and it’s like he has the super power of “negation” . When applied to an opponent’s star player, he is able to negate or take that one person out of the game. But able to equally apply that super power wrongly by negating some of our attacking play by too conservatively passing backwards at the first sign of trouble.

Used correctly, a very effective player but a frustrating player to watch against a team defending stubbornly.

Gini deserves our applause because of what he has helped this club accomplish. He has been a top player for us but I hope we don’t buy like for like.

2 Likes

We will most definitely miss his resilience to injuries, he’s extremely reliable fitness wise.

5 Likes

Sad to see Gini’s pool career peter out. As Jurgen said he’s been a really important part of our squad and success and now it’s time for us to move on. His shooting always irritated me - if he could score he’d be world class and justify whatever salary he is seeking.

We’ll miss his ever-ready availability and with Keita and Ox we’re effectively short in the middle. Good luck Gini; I think once you’ve retired you’ll realise the extra money didn’t matter and you made a mistake and should have stayed.

6 Likes

Has been a great player for us. Achieved everything with us as a player. To me, more importantly, he was respectful to the club and the fans. Even as his contract runs down, he never really found the need to talk much of it publicly and let things work out behind the scenes, and until the very last day, he gives the confidence that he gives 100% even if he is leaving. Hope the 10K fans tonight give him a perfect send off. Of course I hope for a surprise announcement for him to stay another 2 seasons or 3. But not likely, and who knows, this might spur an evolution in the next phase of our midfield which has been so under rated but oh so critical in our success in the last few years.

5 Likes

A vastly overused word. He has been a good player for us.

10 Likes

great or good, subjective. To me, he has been great, not just because of what he does as on the field but off field, respectful and humble, way greater than some other players ex and present, we ever had. But thats just me of course.

6 Likes

Good player, great service.

5 Likes

ok probably I can agree with that haha!

3 Likes

I’d class him as great.

Reliable, won a bunch of trophies, usually a 7/8 out of 10 although the vast majority of his work goes unnoticed.

We’ll miss him a lot more than people realise and we’ll need to sped 30-50 million to replace him.

5 Likes

Thanks for everything Liverpool legend. No troll can take that away from him.

11 Likes