Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

To be fair to Gini he has been the model pro hasn’t he.

Top class

5 Likes

Nope… Very good footballer … and those are heaps of those around…

But he’s been a great player for us… Liverpool Legend

4 Likes

Apparently he just gave an interview to the BBC saying he wanted to stay and that the “fans would soon know the truth”

3 Likes

He’s been not signing the contract that was placed in front of him. So if it comes down to money , then it is his right. He’s got to make the best use of his prime years.

But his legacy will always be as a liverpool player.

4 Likes

Mmm, I don’t like the sound of that.

2 Likes

I reckon it’s to do with the length of the contract rather than the money…

However if I am a midfielder who starts 95% of games for Liverpool during their most successful 2-3 year spell I would expect to be made one of the higher earners at the club.

4 Likes

We don’t need a player to replicate that exactly.

Another good midfielder who has a good record of availability will be enough and there’s plenty of them around. Gini’s been a fantastic servant and often underrated but let’s not go too far the other way, he’s not irreplaceable.

3 Likes

Ye so I am asking you who replaces him then.

1 Like

Give me 3-5 players who come in for 30-50 million who can start 40 games over a season and be 7-8 outta 10 for the majority of those games… it’s harder than you think

And I mean who come in and do that ASAP…
Hit the ground running.

Thiago is a more Hollywood player but took a long time to get going

3 Likes

I agree. I appreciate Gini’s perspective… End of the day he’s got to look out for his benefit

3 Likes

Thank you Gini. You’ve been a great servant to the club, and I wish you all the best in your next endeavor.

YNWA

3 Likes

#breakingnews:

Gini will be staying at Liverpool afterall. his representatives/agents were doing there job by telling liverpool/FSG that if we make #ChampionsLeague he will stay, and held fast all season long.
now that we have made the #UCL its seems its now just a matter of working out the deal, pay rate + bonusses + benefits, and long term prospects.

i’m speculating a 5 year deal.

#woohoo!

1 Like

I’d even go on a limb and say that we can develop the likes of Grujic and Curtis Jones etc

Gini was a special lad , no doubt about it… But people were writing off Nat Phillips when Grujic did infact do a passable job in his bundesliga seasons. They might not get us Gini but they can be themselves too… Impossible to hope for a like to like replacement

Look forward to Gini & Virg’s Holland taking a Trent-less England apart and the Reds taking Gini’s next team apart in the UCL. (Especially if it’s Bayern)

2 Likes

For Gini’s sake , hope he doesnt join Barca. That club got fucked by his goals against them to boot. Remember the signing of coutinho/dembele… that was when the downfall started to be seen openly

2 Likes

Why would you look forward to that?

1 Like

I’d feel sorry for Hendo, admittedly. But delighted to see Trent’s stock amoung our club’s fans rise even further in absentia. Club before country.

1 Like

The more players who miss out I Ter stop ally, due to injury or inept managers not selecting them (yes Gareth I am taking to you) the better.

Rest up lads and get ready for next season

1 Like

I have a feeling Trent will be in the squad and I’ll be supporting England.

2 Likes

Body of steel
Heart of gold

1 Like