Georginio WIJNALDUM: 2020/21

In which case wouldn’t it make more sense to address the abuse and say what that was or at least what it entailed? He seems upset that when he says he was going through a lot to get onto the pitch there were some people saying he wasn’t performing well and didn’t care enough anymore because he was leaving. I still think “I’m leaving LFC because I’m getting fed up of abuse, so I’m going to PSG” doesn’t make much logical sense and this very much comes as some form of attempt at justification.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Feeling “unloved” makes him sound like a fucking snowflake. If he suffered racial (or any other) abuse, he should make that clear.

5 Likes

Very good player, gave his all, pretty much an ever present. Wound down his contract and moved on to his dream club, Barcelona, er, PSG. As is his right.

Time to move on Gini. This stuff is not needed.

If the accusation is that there were times over the past two years that he didn’t feel loved by some online fans, then there’s no case to answer.

Loved by Klopp, loved by teammates, loved by match going fans, loved by most online. And then sometimes, over the past two years, there were occasions when he didn’t feel so loved by segments of the online community?

You had a good run at Liverpool Gini. If that’s it, if that’s the extent of the complaint, sorry and all, but I don’t feel as though there’s anything to see here. Move on, and good luck at PSG.

6 Likes

PSG is nobody’s dream club.

Even kids born in Paris would rather play for OM or Lyon… just to get out of bloody Paris.

4 Likes

If the expectation is no online criticism, he’s detached from reality. He had plenty of love, as he said so himself. Good luck Gini, now let’s move on.

If it is racist abuse, then yes, that’s not on at all, and should be rooted out and punished.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Even the official fan pages in Facebook are full of hysterical and obnoxious messages.

1 Like

In my opinion, it is all a smokescreen to divert ftom the real matter and that was money. He just wants to preserve the ideal son-in-law image.

When Henry had given him the contract he wanted nobody ever would have heard a peep about not being loved by the people on social media.

Glad he is gone, let’s move on

3 Likes

Poor reasoning from his part. He’s 30-years old, he should know being a professional at that top level, surrounded by probably numerous agents and advisors that online world works like that. You simply cannot win there, no matter how right you are. So it’s much smarter not to get involved really. I understand if someone like Harvey Elliott still goes through comments and it matters to him. But Gini? Oh boy. My general impression is that he was really loved both inside and around the club. I’d say that’s more than enough, certainly not to be a major reason (or one of) to leave the club. If you have that much of a problem with online comments, although some are not acceptable, that’s more his problem that he even reads it and lets them affect him. Everyone gets at least some sort of criticism/abuse on social media, even someone like Messi. That’s certainly not a reason to leave a club, Carra was right. But okay, we said thank yous and goodbyes and now we can close this story and move on.

7 Likes

Also, you can get trolls that come on and abuse you, to put you off, gotta be thick-skinned or stay off social media and enjoy the adulation of the fans in the ground!!!

1 Like

Social media fans act like bellend shocker.

I think Gini did get it rough on social media, largely because he did an unspectacular, unshowy job for the team. But other get that as well.

Personally, I don’t understand why players get upset about fans criticising them on Twitter. It should be water off a ducks back.

1 Like

if he was abused, then that is wrong
and we should all stand shoulder to shoulder with him and back him up against the abuse

but if he was criticised then he stands alone, and should just man up take it on the chin and get on it.

everybody will suffer some criticism in their life at some point,

1 Like

Does he think online ‘critics’ don’t exist anymore now he plays for PSG?!

2 Likes

Another ‘precious’ footballer feeling unloved. Get a fucking grip Gini! I expected more from him and I find his comments very disappointing. As other people have already said, he’s old enough to be able to deal with criticism.

3 Likes

He said Hala Paris!” in his video to the fans.

Should probably get used to more criticism now. :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

Like i said. People grow some balls on the internet.

2 Likes

Honestly, nobody has to accept that. Not for all the money in the world you have to accept being insulted for your work. You say he shouldn’t read, but his children, family and friends read it or get told about it unfortunately. He cannot completely isolate himself from all of this.

Sure you can perhaps take it for a while, but at some point it will be enough.It’s disgusting to expect that he should just get on with it.

5 Likes

We’re assuming all of those appalling tweets are from genuine Liverpool fans. They could also be from fans of Everton, City, Utd etc, stuff like that is not beneath them, to stir up trouble.

1 Like

Or maybe the racist devil is also among us Liverpool fans.

2 Likes

Hence the problem with Social Media, no idea who is behind accounts, some of them are bots set up by sick people too. Or multiple accounts ran by limited number of real people. Even if, worst case scenario, each comment is from a real person who is also a Liverpool fan, its still a minority and as terrible as it is there will be that kind of thing all over, including PSG.

3 Likes