Germany based Reds

Well, I can only speak for the Netherlands and the UK but I don’t think we are much better off over here. A two-way ticket between Utrecht and The Hague which is a miserable 25-minute journey will cost me € 41.

I was in Harrogate a few weeks back and I bought 30 large cans of John Smits for £21 at the Asda. For 30 large cans of Heineken, the same brewery, I pay in a Dutch supermarket € 40 which comes down to £34.

Just 2 examples

1 Like

I hate;
1 Bayern
2 Christmas markets
3 Oktoberfest

Munich is pretty, but dull. Can’t be bothered to hate it. I just pity its inhabitants.

Best time to visit Germany is between the beginning of April until the end of October. Otherwise, go to New Zealand :slightly_smiling_face:

Another question, is Germany still very cash-based or has card payment adoption been on the rise since COVID?

It is slowly becoming more card friendly.

Personally I like cash as a means of payment, but it can be annoying at times.

Definitely more card based than it was. Three years back I would be looked at oddly if I tried to pay for small amounts of groceries by card. There’s still some shops (e.g. our local kebab house) that are cash only so it’s definitely worth checking.

2 Likes

Debit cards (EC card) are widely used, but credit card use is not nearly as common in daily life as in other countries. Definitely advisable to carry some cash when in Germany, e.g. when you pay for your Glühwein at the Christmas Market :wink:

Sorry to be completely OT but lacking a more appropriate venue, I’m going to just post this here and try my luck.

Anyone know of good watering holes in Toulouse, France?

Maybe Reds Abroad - A General Discussion?

@Flobs being the local French resident might know - Not sure where in France he is and how close he may or may not be to Toulouse

No sorry never been to Toulouse, lovely city apparently in what we describe as quasi desert. La ville Rose.
Drinking in bars in France isn’t something I’ve done very much, there’s so many wine caves round here and the plonk is free. :smile:

Well, the boozers (the 2-3 I went to) and and the atmosphere tonight is great. There’s some sort of a music festival going on and everyone is buzzing.

The city has a great feel to it, diverse and friendly - admittedly with the lens of having arrived here after an 8 h journey from the south of England, through the quagmire of London, due to the strike action, and being 2.5 pints in at Stanstead, and, having a screaming toddler in the row of seats in front of me on the plane! → That’s probably a good thing I guess.

Hopefully the meetings tomorrow are somewhat more benign…

1 Like

Many houses have swimming pools - not sure how to feel about that.

Jealous?

Yes and no. Yes, because it’s a nice sound bite but, no, like golf courses in California, I question whether the shear gratuitousness of having a pool is justified.

1 Like

But they actually have summers down there. It’s not St Helens.

Btw Off topic - not Germany

1 Like

Yes, my bad. Entschuldigung!

You can’t live without one in the summer. Even if it’s just a paddling pool. But yes this years going to be a test as it’s been so dry since … well I can’t remember, I think it’s only going to be Hotels that will be allowed to use water freely by August.

Btw I haven’t even a paddling pool. I just suffer like a good proud English man also I work nights so don’t have much day time to use a paddling pool (the Hotel where I work has a pool).

Tell that to all the people in Africa and other parts of the world who have to endure high temperatures on a regular basis and don’t have a pot to piss in, let alone a pool.

1 Like

I bet they would have pools if they could afford them and 22 cars in the garage!

1 Like

From Redmen Family Germany after the Leipzig game:

Ich bin richtig sauer. Was heute im Stadion abging, war mal wieder eine Schande. Warum kriegen es die Leute nicht hin ein verdammtes klares Event strukturiert zu organisieren?

Das war ein verdammtes scheiß Testspiel. Mich erreichten Berichte von Supporter, die nicht mehr oder gar nicht in den Block kamen, den sie gebucht haben. Fans, die nicht zur Toilette gehen konnten. Weinende Kinder, weil sie ihre Helden auf einen scheiß Fernseher im Stadion (!!!) schauen mussten. Fans, die die Nackenhaare gezählt haben. Reds, die 30+ brauchten zum Klo und zurück…

Volle Gänge, die eigentlich eine Treppe sind, um den Block zu betreten oder zu verlassen. Ordner, die lieber das Spiel filmten, als die Leute zurechtzuweisen… Kein Scheiß. So geil das Spiel war, das, was da teilweise im Auswärtsblock abging, war eine Schande für einen Fußballverein und für einen Veranstalter!

Das war höchstgradig gefährlich und nicht mal ansatzweise fanfreundlich.

Nochmal - das war ein verschissenes Freundschaftsspiel. Das war für viele unserer Supporter das erste Spiel der Reds überhaupt oder seit Jahren.

Jetzt habe ich Nachrichten von Leuten, die in der Halbzeit gegangen sind. Fans, die sauer sind, dass sie die Hälfte des Spiels im Gang stehen mussten oder ihren Platz verteidigten mussten.

@rbleipzig das war richtig richtig scheiße von euch! Wir melden uns über den LFC. So eine Scheiße lassen wir nicht auf uns sitzen. Im Vorfeld ist soviel gut gelaufen… aber das hier? Leute… das war ein Sicherheitsrisiko. Das ist absolut inakzeptabel. Als erfahrener und ausgebildeter Veranstaltungsmanager ist das der absolute Horror!

Und das können wir so nicht einfach unter den Teppich kehren… Ey, ohne Scheiß. Da habt ihr schon eine krasse App und Safe Standing und dann haut ihr so eine Scheiße raus. Ehrlich… das geht so gar nicht!

(Habe kein Bild für diese Scheiße… es tut mir auch leid, dass ich hier ausfallend wurde. Sowas macht wütend.)

#lfcde #RBLLIV