Germany based Reds

It’s a shame, because there does seem to be a lot of goodwill between the clubs. I hope this isn’t going to become a pattern for our travelling fans.

What happened?

Basically, the Reds section was overfull and nobody could see the match properly, there were very long queues and waits for refreshments and toilets etc. Fans paid high prices and were treated shoddily. Looks like RBL trying to maximise profits on the visit of European heavyweights.
LFC are massive in Germany right now, mainly due to the Klopp factor. I was talking to a friend’s husband on Sunday who now watches every Liverpool match with his two sons. Two years ago he didn’t even like football.

2 Likes

Their stadium has a capacity of 47.000 seats but on average not even 25.000 people come to their games.

No excuse for such a bad organization.

https://onefootball.com/de/news/liverpool-fc-untersucht-beschwerden-der-fans-beim-rb-leipzig-testspiel-35517778

2 Likes

Hallo meine Deutsche Freunde, not sure if this is the best place to put this, but where should I look for any information about train station closures? I was trying to book my train tickets today, and I noticed that DB is now showing a station closure for the date that I’m trying to travel to Köln, but is still accepting bookings as per below:

How does this work, does it mean that I won’t be able to get to Köln at all?

Usually in such cases there’s a replacement bus service from the nearest open station.

DB website has an English version:

Update: There’s building work going on this weekend. Bridge repairs apparently. Your train should stop at an alternative station in Köln called Deutz which is pretty central. Köln isn’t that big, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Vielen Dank!

Unfortunately, it’s a trip in November, and although the DB website has an English version, the English version has as much or even less information than the German version, and both don’t really tell you what happens when you travel on that ticket, only that it doesn’t stop at Köln hbf.

As far as I can see the building work is only this weekend. Should be ok in November.

That’s the thing, I looked it up and there hasn’t been any announcement of such works, but that message only shows up specifically for travelling on 20-22 November (as far as I checked), nothing shows up when I look the week before or after.

According to this website there will be works at that time. It still looks like the trains will stop at Deutz though.

1 Like
1 Like

This is a great boost for the city of Mainz.

I said to myself, I would never go back to the lab again. I might change my mind if i got an offer to work in this place. :thinking:

So fed up in the UK right now!

3 Likes

Klopp connection :wink:

1 Like

Sadly, a great idea like that would never work in UK.

No way in hell would UK’s thieving lieing bastards allow money like that to go back into the public purse without them and their greasy mates getting their hands on it first

3 Likes

Sadly, that’s true for 90% of the countries/governments.

I want to see the carnival too :grinning:

I am wondering, seriously, what is the income tax like over there, is it very high?
How does the healthcare work over there ? Is it a hybrid NHS and Insurance based ?

1 Like

I’ve never earned enough to pay a lot of tax, so I’m not an expert.

One of our high earning posters like @GermanRed @Neukölln or @Livvy could probably tell you more.

Everyone has health insurance and has to pay a certain amount every month. If you have public insurance it’s not too expensive and half of it is paid by your employer. If you are freelance, like me, you must have private insurance, which is expensive, but you get much better service.

1 Like

My perception is that I am much better off here per month than I was in Scotland. As Bekloppt says, if you are employed the health insurance is reasonable. There are also other payments for retirement pensions and long term care. In total these are much higher than NI but you get a lot more for your money. The income tax rates are very similar to what I was paying overall in Scotland as I am into highest normal tax banding but you do get lots of reductions for being married and having children than in the UK so it works out considerably less. Also there are a whole raft of things that you can claim back such as commuting costs or running a home office. Additionally, if you are married you can enter a joint return which can save a few thousand. FWIW these are the nominal tax rates:

Less than 9,984€ 0%
9,985€ - 58,596€ 14% to 42%
58,597€ - 277,825€ 42%

1 Like