Gini Wijnaldum (CM) - PSG

I know. Prior to that though. The club was getting loads of shit for not spending money.

I just think the biggest statement of strength the club could make would be to keep Gini another year and lose him on a free.

1 Like

Staying or leaving on a free he’ll give 100% either way,can’t help but feel he’s earned the right to choose what’s right for him and can walk away head held high,if he leaves that is.

14 Likes

I don’t know why people are mentioning Jones here, he’s a completely different kind of player. Gini has been great for us and won’t be easy to replace. Letting him go for 20 million at the start of the season would be foolish.

1 Like

Whatever the scenario is with his contract or transfer situation, or our individual preferances, i think it might be too late to sell him anyway this summer (would be very surprised if Klopp let him go this late in the window with him still playing vital minutes for us), and i dont think Klopp will allow a vital starting option to go in January in the midst of a trophy hunt. So, it all looks like it will be a free transfer next summer.

1 Like

Why this thread is buzzing all of a sudden? Is there a rumour???

No it’s just that we won a match so there’s not much to talk about. No big disputes in the post match thread you see. :innocent:

7 Likes

There are a handful of players we should be looking to move on, Gini should be nowhere near them, regardless of contract length.

There is no way we should be looking to make our squad weaker before the window closes.

I agree with @Scott.Jones, what he has put in on the pitch for this club he deserves to go out on his terms, whatever he chooses, I believe Klopp looks after his players and will allow Gini to make his mind up to take the deal on offer or go elsewhere with his best wishes.

As I have said previous I dont think the club will to be too bothered about recouping money on this asset, he has repaid the club in his performances

6 Likes

No I don’t think so. Apart from Jones the only other midfielders who are close to first team football are Cain and Clarkson. They’ve started this season playing brilliantly but they are both very slight so will need some time to develop physically.

Even if we make the massive assumption that they are technically good enough, they’re still a few years away.

4 Likes

Koeman could easily get the sack midway through the season considering it’s Barca

1 Like

I don’t think they will sack Koeman unless the situation is dire.

So Barca are getting rid of one dickhead (Dembele) to get another dickhead in (Depay).

6 Likes

They’ve got a quota to meet. Mes que un dickhead.

12 Likes

The situation is already dire. All it will take is Messi throwing another tantrum and Koeman gets shown the marching order. Barcelona is thinking on how to convince Messi to stay because of the financial implications of Messi leaving. A fight between Messi and Koeman will only have one loser.

Will it be on pay-per-view because that would generate a shit load of money?

4 Likes
2 Likes

4 more days to go.

I hope if a concrete offer isn’t coming for Gini by then, Edwards gets on a call with Gini’s agent and convinces them to sign an extension. Probably put across the point to them on Barca’s turmoil etc and that they might not be willing to sign him even on a free , especially if Koeman isn’t around. We’ve had prior history regards to that on the Pepe Reina issue too.

So sign a contract extension , Set a competitive price saying if Barca still want you by next season, you can go. Maybe a portion of that price can be set aside for Gini as a loyalty fee etc as opposed to a signing on fee that he’d be getting if he signed for Barca on a free.

It’s not about wanting to get a price for Gini…not entirely atleast, It’s about ensuring that Gini gets a fair deal at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Edwards doesn’t allow release clauses - that’s partly why Can left. As much as I like Gini, your proposal doesn’t make much sense to me. We should give him a new contract because he wants to play for us.

2 Likes

Surely staying?

3 Likes

Happy to see the guy stay in my view, he is a good solid player and I don’t think others could step up quite yet.

If we lose him for free that means we get him for another season and he goes with my blessings, if he decides at the end of the season or during the period of the season to extend then great.

2 Likes

70 million. If that offer comes in then begrudgingly I will give Edward’s the go ahead. Otherwise they can fuck off, all of them

2 Likes