Gini Wijnaldum (CM) - PSG

How many times have PSG won it? Haven’t they only ever made one final? Doubt he wins it there Barca don’t stand much chance but think they’ll win it again before PSG. Only reason to go to PSG is money and expectation they’ll win majority of league titles. I can see Thiago winning league with us, going to Italy to win the league there then ending at PSG for a clean sweep in his mid 30s but no motivation for Gini other than money. Think its a wage negotiation tactic.

admittedly i dont watch a lot of football outside of us or internationals anymore.

but from what i have seen of PSG, i reckon hed be a great fit.

everytime ive seen them they seem laconic to a point of almost nonchalant laziness.

i know Gini recycles posession so it seems like an odd point im making, but he recycles it all over the park, from the first to the last minute.

3 Likes

Massive upgrade on that little annoying prick Ander Herrera.

1 Like

He’s won two leagues in his career, winning La Liga should be pretty attractive to him. We have many examples over history (not only modern) that it’s difficult to plan to win the CL. IF PSG are doubling Barca’s wage offer, then maybe he wants more on the financial side, who knows.

Fools.

Michael Edwards:

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

6 Likes

He goes to PSG, works behind the scenes to convince Mbappe to sign for Liverpool on a free and play for a pair of Nike shoes and a bag of toffees. So, that’s what Wijnaldum had in mind when he said that fans would know the truth. Mickey Edwards wins another 4D chess game!

8 Likes

Oh, wow! So, maybe it was the money after all?

6 Likes

Well within his rights to choose the package and the signing on fee offered by PSG.

I believe what was stopping Gini from a renewal was on the contract length and not the wages being offered.

Either way… He can choose to maximize his earning potential at any club he wants.

3 Likes

Anyone who thought otherwise all this time was kidding themselves. Especially after hearing that he had turned down contract offers from us before it expired. Well played Gini.

4 Likes

Show Me The Money GIF

No wonder.

He was still here on his primary contract when he signed from relegated Newcastle after 1 season there.

Barca offered less than that, although with the signing on fee it was surely a better package as a whole.

PSG suddenly doubled that up. But they’re also surprising that it took them the beginning of June to double on Barca’s offer.

Should bring that side more balance, better central midfield worker than the other they have like Herrera and Gueye.

Plus, let’s not forget that Pochettino also wanted him when he was leaving Newcastle, maybe they had talks back then.

4 Likes

I thought he was only leaving because he had a chance to fulfil his own ambition of playing for Barcelona… Silly me for believing that…!

4 Likes

That’s the only time you’re ever going to see those words in the same sentence.

7 Likes

It’s about the $$$$$$.

1 Like

Despite all the nice stories from him how much he loved the club, fans etc, etc and him joining Barcelona because of the greatness of them he chooses the plastic club that pays him the most.

He is entitled to it, have a nice life but I will not miss him.

5 Likes

Why not? He is a professional, he has to take the best offer for his services. Also, being around 30, he isn’t going to get good offers afterwards.

He has to do what will take care of him, his family, for the rest of his life.

6 Likes

Maybe he loves the club but he also wants to earn as much as possible before he retires?

Just a thought.

4 Likes

Money > Dreams of playing for club x

Don’t blame him. PSG don’t have the storied history of Barcelona or a trophy room to match but they do have a competent manager that won’t be sacked half way through next season, some really good players, a guaranteed title and CL challenge most seasons and all the money you could hope for.

Fair play and good luck to him.

8 Likes

Would have thought he would go Barca to join the Dutch contingent going on there. Gone for the money rather than the football anyways. Don’t know if he starts for PSG

1 Like