Gini Wijnaldum (CM) - PSG

It’s hard to hear City fans at the best of times, to be fair to you.

5 Likes

And if one of them has gone to the toilet during the game it’s probably even quieter.

3 Likes

You can want to move for football reasons then ve swayed when another good team come in for you offering you double.

For a person in a short career, a bit of a no brainer. Win the French League, a shot at the CL, Paris is a lovely city too - and the food and drink is lovely too. Win win for him and good luck to him. Barca are unstable as fuck, and him giving them the yes but no is lovely to see.

10 Likes

Absolutely no problem with that. He’d rather then stop with the insinuations and hints about the Club and the fans hearing the ‘truth’ someday when what it boils down to is basically we didn’t offer him as much as he wanted. He knows that if that’s how it came out as, which is the truth in my estimation, he’d be lambasted as greedy in some parts so he’s chosen a rather more politicking fashion in his departure which ensures him a rapturous send off, hand wringing in some quarters and a solid rep with the fans. Like I said, well played.

1 Like

I don’t see the issue some people have with Gini, regarding his contract and it running down. He has been, almost an ever present for us since he signed and - maybe not everyones cup of tea - been versatile, consistent, dependable and a valuable asset to the Squads unity.
He has not at any point moaned, downed tools or lacked commitment to Liverpool. I personally, believe he wanted to stay but was not given the deal he believed he was entitled to and i respect that and wish him all the best.

I appreciate that for us fans, the salary a player earns is insane and they should be grateful for what they earn. However, if we associate it to everyday life, how many of us would be happy to see other people working in the same company as us under performing, or calling in sick and so carrying out their work? As a result you ask management for a pay rise for this and they continue to say they will consider it but never come back to you or try to negotiate on the cheap because they know your happy?

Going back to the speculation of Gini signing for PSG because of them paying a higher salary. Really… why don’t you respect the player/man who has given his all for LFC rather than Twitter ‘ITK’s’??

9 Likes

Going to Barca is bad enough but joining PSCiteh, you can fuck right off.

4 Likes

His dream to play for Barcelona my arse.

4 Likes

Why would anyone who couldn’t hack it at Everton be a draw at Barcelona

3 Likes

Hm, winning titles on big money under a manager you’ve gone on record as admiring, versus joining the madhouse of a bankrupt imploding team for a manager widely expected to not last the season.

Hard to begrudge him this one, really.

Served the club well, hope it works out for him in France.

8 Likes

I wanted him to stay, but it wasn’t to be. Now, outside of the Premier League, I don’t particularly care where he goes, although at this time, I think Barcelona is the wrong move because of the state the club is in. Also, Koeman will not be there much longer, leading to more upheaval.

1 Like

I suppose it’s a good move for him. A lot of money (although based on dirty business), an almost guaranteed French league title, and a good shot at reaching another CL final. Barcelona would have been the more traditional destination, but I can understand that move.

And he’ll surely have only good things to say about us. Mbappe, take note… :+1:t2:

1 Like

Setting aside that it’s Gini, this actually feels quite seismic.

A free agent Dutch player, with a barely disguised desire to follow that well troden path to Barca, and with Barca actively trying to get him, fucks them off for PSG.

This does not bode well for Barca.

5 Likes

Are you sure? Seems to me that he had no interest in signing a new contract with us and was only interested in going after the biggest pile of money he could find. If he would have sighed with Barcelona, his self proclaimed boyhood dream I would have given him the benefit of the doubt but PSG …

3 Likes

"It’s really emotional for me right now, I’m very happy that we managed to get the third place and secure Champions League football for the club next season.

"On the other hand I’m fighting back the tears, the people in Liverpool have showed me so much love in the last five years. It’s very hard to say goodbye.

"The fans singing my name, the prizes we won, I will never forget the amazing things we achieved with this fantastic club. We shared unforgettable moments together, no one can ever take that from us.

“I would have loved to remain a Liverpool player for many more years, but unfortunately things went different. I have to start a new adventure.”

7 Likes

Actions speak louder than words.

2 Likes

Love Gini, I hope we offered enough money or we really fucked up. I don’t like all the ‘yeah but he’s easily replaceable’ talk, now we really have to replace him and more importantly his availability and durability. Especially with all the permacrocks we have in the squad.

4 Likes

All the best to the lad. Make hay while the sun shines. He gave his all and that’s what counted.

2 Likes
3 Likes

What he was apparently asking for from us. Pretty sure him and his agent knew what Barca, PSG and others were willing to offer all along.

1 Like

Thanks Gini. 5 years of great service.

Came in Klopp’s first full season, in which we had no European football, and had finished 8th the season before. Was an ever present all them years. One of Klopp’s lieutenants, in that he executed the tactical plan required by Klopp. A player Klopp trusted 100%.

Was a big part in us regaining the league title after a 30 year hiatus. Key in those Champions league runner-up and winner season.

Changed his game to first allow a solid midfield for the forwards and full backs to run rampant. Then evolved with the team during 2018-2020 to play with more nous rather than heavy metal.

Haters gonna hate. Let them stew in their own toxicity. Thanks for all the wonderful memories Gini.

20 Likes