Giorgi Mamardashvili (GK) Valencia

look at you go Flo-P

3 Likes

I think this is all solid enough, but just wondering about one more ingredient that may have bumped this higher up the list?

Most of the best goalies are around a similar age to Alisson - Neuer, Ederson, Ter Stegen, Courtois, Oblak, probably a couple others I’m not remembering.

The point being, in the very near future a lot of big teams will be looking for a top class goalkeeper coming out of the next generation.

Perhaps Hughes has seen it coming, so has been prompted to act on it now, and secure Mamardashvili before there is a growing stampede for his services?

And without knowing what’s what, perhaps Alisson has also let it be known that he is open to a move before the end of his contract?

Don’t get me wrong, I see other needs in the squad and I hope we get to work, but this move seems shrewd to me.

Where does it leave Kelleher? Perhaps in a similar position to someone like Carvalho? Good, in fact very good for a number two, but maybe we have decided he is not quite good enough to be our number 1, so he will be sold in order to get on with his career?

5 Likes

I think most suggestions was looking to loan him out for 2 years so suggests yes you Alisson are our number one but we are not going renew.

If there weren’t concerns about things perceived to be higher priorities in the squad, it would be seen as exactly the sort of forward thinking, dare I say ruthless, planning that keeps a team at the top. But there are those concerns and so people are struggling to see the priority in it, even if it is quite clearly a genuine priority.

5 Likes

You’ve summed it up perfectly there. I do think there are more urgent priorities, like Salah succession, 6 and a CB if we lose Joe. I guess the forward thinking re a keeper should encourage us to trust them for the others

1 Like

What the hell :exploding_head:, where did this thread come from :astonished:

1 Like

https://x.com/_pauljoyce/status/1827458460369424539

7 Likes

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1828031518033265077
https://x.com/pythaginboots/status/1827070752270774415

2 Likes

Giorgio Mamardashvili will sign a six-year deal at Liverpool, staying at Valencia for the 24/25 season.

@sanchis14](x.com)

]

Fuck! We’re turning into Chelsea!

7 Likes

First step in bringing Kvaratskhelia in next year.

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I was less excited about a transfer lol

7 Likes

Nice deal. Could be a very shrewd move, as a lot of big teams will be looking for a goalkeeper as this next generation winds down together. Looks like we are getting ahead of it.

A goalkeeper.
Waiting 12 months until we see him.

Understandable there might not be as much enthusiasm around this signing as they’d otherwise normally be.

But allow me to be the first to welcome the best keeper in the world (outside LFC) to the best football club in the world. Seems like a match made to me.

1 Like

Mamardashvili has already passed his medical. [

@SalvaGomis97

and

@Generaldepie_

]

1 Like

Someone’s going have to adapt that tweet about the only club not to have signed a player.

2 Likes

: Liverpool agree £30m deal to sign Giorgi Mamardashvili. Mamardashvili, 23, will remain at the Valencia for the rest of the season before moving to Merseyside in the summer of 2025, when he will challenge Alisson for the No 1 spot. [

@_pauljoyce

]

3 Likes