Giorgi Mamardashvili (GK) Valencia

Romano:

BREAKING: Liverpool are close to get deal done for Giorgi Mamardashvili for 2025! Negotiations at final stages for Georgian goalkeeper to sign for Liverpool from Valencia now and join next year. Alisson will be Liverpool goalkeeper this season… and Mamardashvili would join in summer 2025, as planned. Agreement done with Mamardashvili, Liverpool now in advanced talks with Valencia for €30m plus add-ons. Bournemouth loan not happening as Valencia want to keep Mamarda on loan and then release him in 2025.

So this is our last season with Ali? That’s very sad!

1 Like

Liverpool will pay £25.5m for Giorgi Mamardashvili, not including add-ons. [
@sanchis14

Not necessarily, I think we’ll still have the opportunity to see what happens on different fronts and decide with Mamardashvili what’s best for all parties next season. Could takeover from Ali, could go on another loan.

1 Like

since this is close:

1 Like

Happy with this move.

The rest, time will tell.

2 Likes

@BenBocsak

Giorgi Mamardashvili is another product of Dinamo Tbilisi’s brilliant academy. The same academy that developed Kvaratskhelia and the majority of Georgia’s national team players. Great to see him make the move to #LFC. You can find out about his story and Dinamo Tbilisi’s in Chapter 10 of my book, Rise of the Underdogs.

1 Like

Fan of forward planning but can’t help but think goalkeeper was pretty low down the list for that unless Alisson has made it clear this is his last season with us.

Also leaves Kelleher in a weird spot now and if I were him I’d be thinking it’s time to move so he can play as he’s not getting that No1 shirt when Ali goes so why hang about.

Surprised Wolves haven’t been sniffing around if they’re after a keeper.

2 Likes

https://x.com/LFC_Lucas_/status/1825880356190331032

Not necessarily. The initial stories were of a 2 year succession plan so a second loan next season is still potentially on the table.

3 Likes

Looks like things are moving a bit… word is sepp has been sold as well

@Sanchis14

: There is an agreement in place between clubs. Now they are just finishing the last details: Variables in the contract during his year loan, and variables if they decided to extend his loan.

@LFC

will pay above the £30M for him.

2024/25: Mamardashvili stays with Valencia
2025/26: loaned to PL club (Bournemouth?) [edit: or possibly another year at Valencia, it sounds like]
2026/27: #2 to Alisson
2027/28: Alisson leaves upon the expiration of his contract, aged 34; Mamardashvili becomes #1 GK

3 Likes

https://x.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1825894657059926390?t=KohsemBfAJO5kkK-8thcZQ&s=19

Seems decent value as he is highly rated. We paid 65m for Ali.

2 Likes

@alex_crook
](x.com)

·

4m

#LFC are on the verge of sealing a deal worth around £34m for Georgia goalkeeper Giorgio Mamardashvili to link up with Arne Slot’s side next season. Will stay at Valencia for the rest of this season. More on

@talkSPORT

.com

5m ago09:01

Liverpool closing in on Mamardashvili deal

Latest from Sky Sports News’ Lyall Thomas:

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Giorgi Mamardashvili from Valencia.

The club are thought to have offered an initial £25.6m (€30m) plus £4.3m (€5m) in add-ons to sign the Georgia international.

It is also likely the goalkeeper will stay on loan Valencia for the rest of the season as part of the deal.

Sky Sports News reported last week that the idea of a loan into the Premier League – potentially to Bournemouth – was part of negotiations.

However, it is believed Mamardashviliwould prefer to remain on loan at Valencia.

Sky Sports News understands the 23-year-old’s potential signing has no bearing on the goalkeeper situation at Anfield currently.

Alisson is and will remain the club’s No.1.

However, Liverpool are doing due diligence on future keepers for the day when Alisson moves on or retires – and Mamardashvili is someone they believe has big potential.

Mamardashvili impressed for Georgia at the Euros this summer.

If a deal for the goalkeeper can be completed he would become Liverpool’s first signing since the arrival of head coach Arne Slot and sporting director Richard Hughes.

1 Like

Seems to suggest Alisson will remain until his contract expires.

Fair enough I think this is a good deal.

1 Like

This is the guy who made the Gordon Banks style save in the Euros, right?

3 Likes

Anyhow I’ll be watching him for Valencia as I got a deal on La Liga

1 Like